Coyote hunting

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by Catmaster, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Has anyone been calling any cyotes in? I have been doing it when I have time. I dont think the prices are going to be worth a crap this season because I am seeing them everywhere. Oh well I geuss that just makes the predator hunting a little more exciting. I havent seen alot of bobcats this year, like I did last year. Just a ton of cyotes.

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    In between duck and goose hunting, I hope to get after them. The newest Fur, Fish and Game mag says they should have a fair price this season. Cross your fingers.....

3. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    What's considered a fair price......?

BTW, I took the course given by the Conservation Dept on "Cable Restraint" (non killing snares), anybody want to volunteer to help me get that "mountain lion" out of my """"cable restraint""" (non killing snare) which I "will," according to Murphy's Law, catch.....????????

4. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I finished building my electronic game caller last night. I had to work out a bug but it is all good now.
    Here's what ya need to build it:

MP3 player
    Mini-Amplifier - $12 @ Radio Shack
    Loud speaker - $19 at Radio Shack
    1/8" mono phone plug
    1/8" stereo to 1/8" mono cable

Plug the stereo jack into the MP3 players headphone jack and the mono jack into the mini-amplifier's input. Hook up the 1/8 mono phone jack to the two wires on the loud speaker and plug it into the mini-amplifier's output. The calls are available on-line for free! Search "game calls" MP3.

This thing is LOUD!

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I use the PA from an old CB radio and a loud speaker pluged into the cb.
    Just turn any player on and key the mic near the players speaker.

6. TX Catman

TX Catman New Member

State:
    Texas
    If I were you I would go for the bobcats becuase I bet from your desciption it would be worth 2x as much.

7. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I never have killed a coyote. Can anyone tell me the best way to skin one out? I got tons of coyotes around my place and a couple of calls. Just need to know how to skin one after I kill it.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    alot of buyers around here prefer the whole dog unskinned with as little damage to the hide as possible so they can do it right. not sure how people do coyotes around there but i skinned my first one and i didnt even try and skin the mask and the legs and feet. i just went around the neck straight down the belley and about 3 or 4 inches down on each leg with about half the tail and we use it to put the billiards stuff on. makes a nice little rug to keep the racks from scratching things:tounge_out:

9. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dan here is a site that might help www.mntrappers.com/skinning and if you look at the post for skinning coons I have listed another site. I hope this helps you.

10. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio