Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

coyote call ?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  atvracer 
#1 ·
anyone have some fantastic info on hand calls and such for coyotes? im looking for one or a set of handcalls but not sure where to start...

any help ? i might be going after them with a bow, if that has anything to do with it.

and im not too thrilled about buying a $200 electric call

#3 ·
All I ever seen used was a predictor call. Make it sound like a squilling rabbit or squirrel and if they are in the area they will investigate. My brother used them with success but for me, I always took the neighbor out and chased them with coyote hounds.

#5 ·
I like to combine calls and decoys by just chaining up a cat in a field and dumping some chicken blood around him for scent. I almost always get the coyote before he gets to the cat.

Also they have predator calls on smart phones for just a few bucks. I suppose you could use a walkie talkie to amplify/transmit the calls.

#9 ·
I like to combine calls and decoys by just chaining up a cat in a field and dumping some chicken blood around him for scent. I almost always get the coyote before he gets to the cat.

Also they have predator calls on smart phones for just a few bucks. I suppose you could use a walkie talkie to amplify/transmit the calls.

sadly, the neighbor wouldn't appreciate me using their cat so this isnt very pratical atm

#11 ·
There's probably a few feral cats roaming around that you could trap. Get some coyote bait and take care of a neighborhood problem at the same time.

the real problem here in my neighbor hood is the yotes, theyre getting aggressive and bold to a point where its making spots in the paper... rules here are hunting during the day, thats it. i had the idea of hunting on the outskirts of town with a call, hoping maybe i can either bring in those who would roam around the city or those coming out of the city area.

#13 ·
the real problem here in my neighbor hood is the yotes, theyre getting aggressive and bold to a point where its making spots in the paper... rules here are hunting during the day, thats it. i had the idea of hunting on the outskirts of town with a call, hoping maybe i can either bring in those who would roam around the city or those coming out of the city area.
If they're that thick, like Ryan said you could try trapping them, but using some sort of rabbi/small game distress call should get them interested to have a peek. Whatever you do it won't take long for the others to catch on.

#14 ·
If you haven't bought your calls yet, look at the new ICOtec calls. They have a fox pro type caller for $69 plus shipping. The only downside is you cannot put your own sounds on it. Also look up Down Wind Outdoors who are a bunch of young guys that hunt professionally. They have a signature series call called the Crack or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.