Coxs Creek Lake

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by curdog, Jan 4, 2008.

1. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I fish Coxs creek Lake in Leola All the time. But I mostly bank fish it. I know thay drained it in the past. All I seem to catch is Smaller cats like channels and blues. No flatheads at all. Has anyone caught any big catfish out of there?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Buddy, I do not know where that creek is. I have only fished a very few areas here in Arkansas but hope to get out more.

3. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've caught a few blues that go around 10 lbs. out of there, but not that many.

There was a 30+ lb. flathead that came out of there a few years ago . It was caught on a trotline by a guy from Leola, I don't remember his name though. He has a little dog that rides in his boat when he checks his lines. He told me it was the first flathead he'd ever caught out of there.

I've been told that when they first built that lake in 1965 that they seined fish out of the oxbow lakes off of Saline river to stock it so it probably came in then or through the creek itself .

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    curdog ive fished cox creek alot and have yet to catch a cat.Tri-county lake is a good close catfish lake.Came out with alot of good catfish

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Curdog - I have fished that lake all my life. And i hate to admit it, but have never caught enough out of it to talk about. I think it is overfished and understocked both. Looks like a good lake, but for some reason, it never has produced for me!!!

6. monk

monk New Member

State:
    south carolina
    are there any alagator gar in the missouri river?