Cowboy up! Get involved!

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfish kenny, Dec 5, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We are in the heart of winter and it is a good time to think about the upcoming year.Here in South East Iowa we seem to be lacking of members and It would be nice to see more of us get involved.It kind of amazes me there isnt more involved because we are in the heart of the farm belt,this site is all about the huntin/fishing...family values etc but there just seems to be a lack of membership or maybe it is participation so Think about this upcoming summer and what can be done to get more of us involved and on.

2. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    The catfishing is great at lake odessa in louisa county right at ice out There is a campground there a good spot for a gathering. It would be kind of cool outside but a lot of fun. All a person needs is some shad gut and a pole. My wife and I go every year and do very well.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What do think about trying to put a gathering together ?

4. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i grew up in bettendorf ia i will be up there fishing in may 9 -16

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Get with me later on would like to meet youand shoot thy breeze

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Kenny just PM one of the mods and ask them about the flyer they have designed that you can print out on the computer and tack them on the local bulliten boards about town inviting people to join and you can have them to say you asked them to join.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    GOOD IDEA THERE WILLARD WISH ID THOUGHT BOUT IT,I AM WORKING ON OUR OYHER COUMPUTER NOW AND SHOULD BE GETTING OUR PRINTER UP BEFOR LONG

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
  9. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    i would probably be game for odessa. i have catfished that darn lake a couple times late summer and i have no idea how to get cats on that mudhole. i have to see it to believe it. plus ice out time would be fun to watch the ducks as well.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    MUCH APPRECIATED.....I have Vista in our home puter and dialup so downloading anything takes ferever,my laptop was crashed but now I have it it has xp so the printer and me get along prety well.I have only been messin with these things for about 2 years.

11. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    I do my ice out fishing at odessa in march some time. the best days the last two years was march 19th and 18th.

12. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i wii do im hooking up with catfish matt for some flats just going 1200mi to catfish my wife sed im :eek:oooh: nuts but i have buddys there and i have had my best catfishing there in the quad cities i hope im not coming to soon i think may 9 -16 will be the best time what do you all think

13. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Hey I'm all for an Odessa get together.
    I mentioned it last year but nothing happened.
    Kenny
    If you can get it all together I will plaster BOC flyers around the Mt P area. Let me know.

14. rippinlips

rippinlips New Member

State:
    iowa
    Bob do you go to odessa at ice out?

15. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Nope. Never been at ice out.
    Fished it a little years ago but thats been a long time ago.
    I'm mostly a river fisherman.
    the best to ya
    just

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey bob didnt know you was that close heck we can throw rocks at each other......it warms up I might be gettin ahold of you:wink:

17. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Sounds good.
    gimme a holler
    the best to ya
    just

18. shkt

shkt New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Any good fishing arpund council bluffs?

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Shkt ,I cannot tell you there is but you post up someone will give you the heads up.One great thing bout this site is it is a brotherhood.....We all cant always get along but I have yet to see everyone not willing to put a diif aside to go or talk bout fishing...get yer poles ready you asked:wink:

20. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Hey im new to this site. I used to live in nauvoo illinois but now i live in Burlington, Iowa. I'm 22. Ive been fishing since i was 8. I work for Frank Millards here in burlington. Last year i purchased a 1990 Monark fishing boat with a Mariner 60. I spent the last 8 or 9 months fishing Pool 19. Ive found several good holes for 2-10 pound channel cats and a few creeks for 3-4 pound small mouths. I also got into some big spoonbill at the dam. But the thing i havent got into yet is flathead and blues. I have a throw net and i know how to use it"somewhat". I have a few places i could catch little baby shad on but i cant seem to catch good size ones. And thats probably one of the reasons i cant get into blues and flats isnt it? If anyone has any tips or pointers just let me know ill take any help i can get. Thanks, Calvin

Oh and if anyone is around southeast iowa and likes local fishing tournaments theres a weekly tournament thing we have here that budweiser sponsors it only cost 10 bucks a week to enter. 2 person teams. and its pretty fun. i won a few of them and im definitly not a professional. I think they start up again here in april.