Cowboy Thought of the Day- if I did a thought of the day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ghost River, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Over the years a man has plenty of thoughts, some fleeting but some just stick with you and become part of your being, canonized to a man's sole. I thought I might share some of the ones that have helped me make the tough decisions that have allowed me to press on in this fast paced, survival of the fittest, winner take all world that we live in. Some will be original, some gleened from great pieces of literature and port-a-jons across this great land of ours. These probably won't come daily but if I did post a thought daily this is were it would be. Fell free to comment.

Thought of the day for Friday March 16-

Depression is mearly anger with a lack of enthusiasm

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    thanks, those are some good thoughts, it would be nice to see other thoughts from different ppl too. most all of us have little quotes or thoughts that help get us through lifes rough and turbulent times. a couple i like are (and i know they may sound cliche):
    What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger;
    Respect, ya gotta give it to get it;
    Learn from the past, its what shapes us into the people we are today.

3. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can & the wisdom to know the difference..........

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Colt, this is a great thread... thanks!

Here's one of mine...

Life is ten percent how we make it; ninety percent how we take it.

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Alright I'll give you one more for today That I believe is a quote from Mark Twain

"I feel sorry for people who do not drink. they wake up in the morning and that is the best they are going to feel all day long"

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good Thread.
    Fight your fights and find a Grace in all the things that you can't change and get right with the man and help somebody if you can.

never tell a joke that aint that funny more than once.

:wink::big_smile:

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going!!

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Whenever you get to feeling really "high-n-mighty" try ordering another man's dog around.

One of my favorite thoughts is this, I had a poster in my office when I had an uppity job working for a cellular phone company. It had a beautiful sunset, and a lion in the foreground with some gazelles in the background. It read:

Everyday in Africa, a gazelle knows that it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Everyday in Africa, a lion knows that it must outrun the slowest of the gazelles or it will go hungry. It doesn't matter if you're the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

That silly poster always stuck with me. I've got more of these as well.....

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Here are two of my favorites

"Good things come to those who wait.... but only those things left behind by those of us that hustle."
    and

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime."

10. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'll give you 2 today-

Cowboy Thought(s) of the day for Saturday-

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese out of the trap.

loan wizard inspired this one-

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend every saturday in the front of your boat drinking all your beer.

11. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    heres mine...
    Never burn a bridge, someday you may need to travel across it again.

12. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    May all your words be sweet........someday you may have to eat them.

Life is like a grinder......weather it wears you down or shines you up all depends on what you are made of.

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sister Leslie has the right idea about those bridges!!! Oh have I learned that one a time or two in my lifetime!!:sad2:
    I like the one about walking in another person's shoes/moccasins for three moons before judging them.
    Then there is the one from the Christian Bible. Something to the effect of "Judge Not least Ye Be Judged", or something like that.
    That one about being "tempered", ... ... somehow I have this idea that I've been tempered enough for one lifetime! Just like steel, you can temper and temper until you loose all the carbon and then you have just soft iron and NOT strong steel!
    There is the one about living each day as your last because some day it WILL Be Your Last! ... At least on this planet!
    For now, I'll close with "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday".
    Take Care, Be Safe, "Live Long and Prosper" it may be Star Trek, but that does not mean it's not worthy of using!
    Thanks for sharing My Brother's and Sister's.
    Fraternally and Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Two of my favorites.

Lead, follow or get the heck out of the way!

and

A man that never made a mistake, never made anything.

15. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    These are all great. Personally i like the one in my sig below.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The only one who never messed up ,never tried

Easy now big guy, This is what my grown son tells me when I start to get a little upset . somehow i allways get a chuckle.

17. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Id rather get my ******** kicked by an army than take ********* from one man. ive herd one of my friends say it before. and it stuck cause thats been my attitude about alot of things. if you know me then you kno that i dont take any crap from anyone.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I Ditto this post. David you beat me to it. :0a36: :0a27:

19. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I got a few too, but here's one for St. Patrick's day.

"May the wind at your back NOT be from the corned beef and cabbage you had for lunch"

20. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    lol Richard... just tell him like I tell my son...
    aww, that's okay, kiddo, I'm just havin a "precious moment" :wink: