Cowan lake/Rocky fork

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dinkbuster1, Mar 13, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just got through looking at the topo maps of cowan and rocky fork on the ohio dnr's site. does anyone in the area know how accurate are these maps are? i know the one for CJ brown isnt all that great and neither is the one for grand lake st marys. i used to have a bunch of topo maps of the area lakes that were very detailed, way more than what the state offers, but i have no clue as to what happened to them. i still have one of c.creek and it makes the dnr's map look like a kids drawing. very accurate too, we verified a lot of it last year. if anyone has more detailed topo's i would like to see them if you dont mind scanning and e-mailing them to me. or, know where i can get some?

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    :sad: Nahh sorry havent compaired the 2 only been to Rocky btw not cowan...

3. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    :) look at this funny looking fella i found while searching through some ODNR sights.... lol :) :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Attached Files:

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah i came across it too a while back looking at their submited photos. we have a real live superstar among us!

5. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    lol, hey dink u know if by next week the creeks will be down enough by next week like wed. or thurs. to go get some bait from them? like fish for them (pin hook) using small hooks and worms? for chub and minnows maybe pumpkinseeds??? thanks for info

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    creeks go down pretty fats, so maybe. chubs will bite year round but i cant catch pumpkinseeds till may. even if its up and muddy try slack areas just as you would for cats, always works for me even if the creeks are raging. when the creeks are up i fish on the bottom with a big splitsot and waxworm.

7. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry haven't fished either one of them so couldn't tell you. I sure would like to though I here there is some really good crappie fishing in them. They will be bitting soon so I may have to give them a try. If you wouldn't mind could you send me a copy of the Ceaser Creek one you have. I live about 20 mins from there and plan on fishing it hard this year. Let me know if you would like to get together and do some fishing. Thanks later

8. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Mike,
    The depths at Rocky Fork are pretty close to what is shown on the maps. Some of the remote deeper spots seem to be silted in though. I haven't fished Cown that much so I can't say for there.