Court ordered fishing.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Shreveport Mike, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I got in some trouble and the court ordered me to do 100 hours of community service. I spent 8 hours at the local Goodwill store. But, sorting through donated clothing was one of the longest 8 hours of my life! So I contacted the rescue mission for homeless people. Now, everything I catch, is donated to feed the needy. I keep a log of the days and hours that I fish, and the time I spend cleaning them. And the mission credits my hours to the courts. If I have an unproductive day, I receive zero hours. But as long as I am catching fish, I am logging time. For the month of February, I had three unproductive days. I caught a lot of fish on those days, but they were all paddlefish, and they were all above the legal size. But I also had three productive days, for a total of 22 hours, and about 90 pounds of whole fish, which ended up 30 pounds of fillets. I have to admit, I feel good going out and helping my community.:wink: And the best part is, no more flack from my wife about me spending all of my time on the river. Sorry Honey.... It's court ordered!!!!:smile2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now that has to be a first,however I don't think I would recommend anyone go out and get in trouble"just to go Fishing". I probably wouldn't be as LUCKY,they'd throw the book at me .
    At least your feeding some people.

3. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    well i hope you learned your lesson! lucky dog.

4. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boy that beats cleaning cages at the zoo. Or picking up trash, or working for that matter. lol

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Mike do they let You take along a BIG OL Cooler of bank bait along(BEER)?:wink: I could Streeeeeecth that sentence out along way!!! Hows the community service going Honey? well Baby(the wife) It's real tough but I'm determined to see this through to the end.The Boys down at the Mission love them Gar I been Catchin ,I tell them It's Walleye. LOL Later J.D.

6. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Man thats a great idea!
    Bill

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Community service doing what you love, NICE! If you get in trouble again during deer season we`ll know what you`re up to.lol

8. muddyjet

muddyjet New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Have you figured out how to get your time doubled yet!!!!!!!
    That is awesome.....Our court system really works!!!!LOL

9. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Now let this be a lesson to you--young man!!!yeah right

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya, I bet he won't do that again, LMAO!!!!

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wow. i tell ya what. thats creative. hey. im gonna rep ya on that. sounds like a good deed. i aint no angel and i dont judge. ive never had community service but paid some fines in my day. like eddie murphy said in beverly hills cop. "i wasnt always a cop" " i wasnt always a nice catfishermen."

12. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Wow, I wish I would have thought about that several years ago!!:eek:oooh:

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ive had enough court ordered garbage for a lifetime thanks.i dont think here in kentucky they would go for that,they just want your money.But if i had to do community service that would be the way to go.fantastic idea.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like anything you touch turns to Gold.

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Fishing as a community service? huh. Gosh if everybody knew about this. There would be alot more people getting in trouble on purpose. Me included. Ha. Ha. Just kidding!:wink:

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    man all i ever got was jail time.it aint fair i tell you it aint fair

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Lucky dog, I got to rake leaves around the court house, and clea the benches when court was over!!!!That was a long time ago, ist & last time I did community service for something stupid!!!!

18. Shreveport Mike

Shreveport Mike New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Mission accomplished! By the end of June my 100 hours of service ended. I caught about 310 pounds of fish, which ended up being about 120 pounds of fillets. I went ahead and did an extra 8 hours, just to be on the safe side! Now it's time to fill my freezer, we're starving for a fish fry around here.

19. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like that at least a useful community service. I think Martha Stewart should have been cooking those catfish for you.

Just remember some of our neighbors, friends and family arent as fortunate as we are. I am sure after your 120 hours were up, they wouldnt mind you dropping by with some extra. Dont know if you can stockpile hours, but if you are prone to trouble, it might be worth a call and find out.