Couples: Did You Meet Online?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hello BOC family.....I have heard quite a few folks make mention of the fact that they met online. If you don't mind sharing your story, please post here. It seems that internet romance is all the rage these days, and I've been wondering how many members of the BOC met in this manner. Thanks for your participation. :smile2:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My wife Vanessa and I met online.

I had been on IRC for quite a while without running into another Tulsan in the country music channels. She popped in and a messaged her. She and her kids were living with a friend and her husband. The 4 of us decided to hook up one night for cards and a movie.

Well, that was the end of that!

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Me and Trisha did not meet online , we meet in a club where i was a bouncer at the time!

4. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I used to be a truckdriver. And working nights then spending weekends fishing and resting up for another week on the road didnt do much for my social life. So I decided to start posting Ads on some of the free places like Love@AOL and Yahoo.com . I figured at least it would be entertaining:wink:
    Well, I dated several had some good and some bad experiences but ended up getting married to a woman and 3 kids..or should I say, was "purchsed" to care for 3 kids!! LOL nedless to say...BAD DEAL FOR ME!!! married 1 1/2 yrs and divorced. Got lucky and managed to keep my house and no child support *whew! So, what did I do? well....... I got tired of bars and friends of friends that were worse than what I left.. so I decided to do the internet thing one more time.... I had some fun but was reluctant to commit and then I saw her ad... I just knew we would click and I had to go for it... I was 36 she was 33, we are now 40 and 37..
    I know we have a soul mate, I know some will never meet theirs, but as the song said on our wedding day.. "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you" !!!
    She knows all my faults and loves me anyway.. It was worth the wait.. :wink:

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Oh Boy here we go !! ..........................:lol:

So what does this have to do with Catfish or all the tea in china ?

Attached Files:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Another cutesy little thread that I think I'll not even grace with one of my special comments. LOL!

Well maybe not. I may come back and pollute this thread.

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    DH, didn't you and JW meet online?

8. mavs_wife

mavs_wife New Member

State:
    ohio
    Well Travis (maverick43812) And I Meet In School We Have Been Together Sence 7th Grade. We Were Off And On For A Long Time But For The Most Part Together. We Have Been Married For 7 Yrs This Nov. And Have Been Togrther For 12yrs. That Is A Long Time To Live With A Man Like Him. Lol

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Kutter by gosh we did, and I met Big George on line too, here is a quick snap shot of us three together.

Attached Files:

10. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well......I suppose it COULD have something to do with catfishing, especially if the couple who met online are BOC members. Now China, and tea......probably not, unless you were conversing with someone across the globe. And, as far as I know, Tea and Mandy didn't meet online. :big_smile:
    Maybe we need a poll, "How many threads in General Conversation have to do with catfishing and Chinese tea?" Hmmm.....I believe YOU, DH, are the one who has tested positive for grumpiness. :crazy:

Oh really, BG? I think you already have :eek:oooh:.

:smile2: :big_smile: :lol: Awww, you guys look so happy together, thanks for sharing. Gives new meaning to the word "threesome". :confused2:

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Gee thanks Tanya! Would someone please pass the ice pick so I can gouge out my minds eye? Don't need THAT image in my head!!!

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    me and my girlfriend met online.. parents werent too thrilled about it but theyll have to deal with it cuz i love this girl to death. weve been friends for a long time and we hung out before a ton of times and it was just a matter of time before we started dating anyway!

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Met my husband one summer in '92 at a local cafe. He walked in:003: and we were introduced:embarassed: and I was struck with cupids bow . That was 14 years ago and we've been married for 13 and still going very strong! :still_dreaming:

14. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    what the??? am i n the right spot? This the BOC right? Thought maybe I'd stumbled onto the love & Romance website....heh heh

egg

15. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I'm still waiting for that special new someone...:sad2:

lol

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whut's yer sign, big boy...? :lol: or should it be "here's your sign".. :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    And you can't get any Watney's Red Barrel, because the bars close every time you're thirsty...

17. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    We met in 92 at an ol fashioned dairy bar. Funny how it seems like just yesterday...... We just got a roll of film developed that was in our camera from 4yrs back. It was totally forgotten about since we had changed over to a digital camera.

Attached Files:

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Man when I met my wife to be there was no internet for public use. I feel real old.
    Bill

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    They not only didn't have "online" back then, they didn't even have "inline", skates, that is. (I met my wife at a skating rink) I was 16 and she was 14. We got married a year and a half later. 34 years and counting!

20. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I never really had a girlfriend in school or after until I was thirty one years old. I got a computer that year and I was looking all over the net at everything. I found a site for men that are overweight and the women that admire them. I felt very at home there and was in that group for a few days when one night, September 29 2003, I got an instant message from a young lady saying she had seen my picture on the BHM, Big Handsome Men, site and she wanted to say hi and welcome me to the group properly. We talked from ten thirty that night until five o’clock the next morning. We have been together ever since.
    She was married and living up here with her husband when we met.
    She filed for the divorce and got it soon after. A few days later she moved down to Mississippi with me and we set up house there.