Couple of night on the Kanawha

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by bigbengal, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bigbengal

bigbengal New Member

State:
    WV
    Spent the 2nd and 3rd bank fishing the Kanawha. On the night of the second we fished on the Kanawha city side of the river and caught only two; a nice size channel and about a 6-10 lb flathead. On the night of the 3rd we fished below the Winfield Locks. Only caught one, the big ones just weren't hitting. We used cut shad and live bluegills both nights and the action was just slow. We where told that on the night of the 2nd a 25 + pounder was caught at the Winfield locks.

Just wanted to give everyone an update on how the fishing was. Maybe things will heat up soon.

Pete

2. Katman84

Katman84 New Member

State:
    Wv
    I fish the kanawha and the bite has been slow all year nothing like last year. I dont know what is going on this yr but it has to pickup sometime or later looks like later. The only thing we caught this yr out of the is 1 flattie and a boat load of channels. By this time last yr we had 1 over 30, several 20's and a bunch under 20.

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    It's been slow on the Mon river here in PA too.

4. WestVaMan

WestVaMan New Member

State:
    Okinawa Japan
    very slow kanawha. fished for close to 8 hours last night and we only got two. maybe a 10lb and a 5lb.

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Seems on my way home on the7th it wasMUDDY

6. Katman84

Katman84 New Member

State:
    Wv
    It prob was its looked like nes quick all cottonpickin year. I think its been clean lookin for maybe 3 weeks. I dont know what there doin at winfeild gates but the water is goin up and down every other day and fishin has been hard. have been Skunked all cottonpickin year.

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hope you can adjust the west fork was up and down the whole time I was there !:angry: