County Fairs

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jul 27, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    How many of you all like going to the county fairs. And what do you go for Food, Rides Or the entertainment they usually have? Myself the main reason I go to the PIKE CO Fair is on Sat they have a horseshoe tourn. Love playing horseshoes Then that night they are having A locol girl Debra Ingram,then Keith Anderson and Then Miranda Lambert. After that Fireworks. So it ought to be a pretty good day/night.

Course wife won free tickets so that helps. Won 4 daily passes so that helps. Can use them any day that you want.

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    NO i dont like to go to the fairs....

but if i do i just go to the demo derby and thats one of two reasons i would go

other reason is if i got a gf and she is there and she wants me to come up there too....

there are the two reasons why i would go to the fair....

but i did like the state fair that was kinda neat but not the local fair...

Jeff

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Fair= food so i'm there....lol

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm not a big fan of fairs, except for the food. Last week I sat through thr Pike County, IL Queen Pagent and it was not fun for me.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I like the food-corn dogs and funnel cakes.I also have a couple friends that run in the demo derby every year,so I go to watch them also.Sometimes they have pretty good bluegrass music also.Well,any bluegrass is good to me.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.

You must of been at the Pleasant Hill,Il fair. Used to go to it everyyear when I was little. Gee Whiz that was a long time ago.
    Haven't been back to it since I was I'd say 16 now I'm 62 so it's been awhile.

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It sure was in Pleasent Hill....My girlfriend was just crowned Queen.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I go to watch the little one ride rides and such. If they have that quarter game I play it as well, dang bulldozers are addicting!! LMAO

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO,Thanks Tea for bringing back that memory,its been years since I've played those!!!

10. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I go to check out the rednecks. They really come out of the woodwork for a good corndog. Hang on, I like corndogs and have been called a redneck. Maybe people come to check me out.