Country singer Troy Gentry pleads guilty

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by derbycitycatman, Dec 1, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
  2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sounds like he got off to darn easy. Should of thrown the book at him. Now I guess he makes a song about it and make millions. That are make a movie. Didn't care that much for him to begin with, now I care less for him.
    Just my way of thinking.IT stinks the way he did it'!!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh that angers me.He may as well shot someone's pet.No wonder PETA gets on their high horse when they hear stories such as this.It is unethical. If you're gonna shoot a Trophy make sure it is a wild trophy and be honest is my policy.Glad you posted this brother now I don't want nothin to do with him!:angry:

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    That goes on every day and they call it hunting Things like that make all hunters look Bad:angry:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wow I know I'm out of touch with what things cost these days....but couldn't he got a real hunt with a reputable guide for 15,000$ ? What in the world was that man thinking? Seems like he could of called Hank Jr. & got hooked up and done er right...
    :confused2:

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Only lost his hunting priveleges for 5 yrs. Could have been a lifetime. Probably carries over to some other states also. Don't sound like he is much of a hunter any way.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That just turns my stomach.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I agree, Benji!

In Erwin, TN, a man on his first bear hunt killed a 535 lb black bear last week. Thinking it may be a record, he checked with the state and found that there are a couple more that hit 600+ that were killed in the same area. (I'm glad I never ran across one when I was cruisin' the mountains there)

Still that is a huge bear!

9. cockroach

cockroach New Member

State:
    florida
    i bet that he won't forget that bear hunt for a long time, he probily had a couple of guys with guns backing him up in case he made the bear mad at him or he was in a cage shooting out at the bear. makes all hunters look bad. thye gave the outfitter enouf fine , ought to have given the shooter lots more an a longer time out. cockroach

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    just remember you and do just about anything when you have that green stuff . Money walks every time just look at OJ.

11. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Not too long ago, I read of Jimmy Huston doing something very similar. I don't remember what the specific game was, but it was killed in a fenced in private land. I believe he was filming one of his Jimmy Huston Outdoors shows. The owner of the land was fined and of course Jimmy got off!

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jimmy Houston was "hunting":wink: whitetail deer at Bellar's Place in Indiana.
    Everything they was cited for is now legal.:crazy: I think the only thing Troy did that was technically illegal was improper tagging.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Reminds me of a line from his hit song:

"That' something to be proud of,
    That's a life you can hang you hat on"

Looks like he will have to eat those words.