Country singer Troy Gentry indicted

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by derbycitycatman, Aug 17, 2006.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    It seems country singer Troy Gentry has been caught buying a tame black bear, killing it with bow and arrow in a cage. Then he submitted it to Minnesota DNR as a legal hunt. Seems there was also videotape of him on his hunt:roll_eyes: .

http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=31890&bw

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats ridiculous. Thats worse then high fence hunting and jsut plain sad. I can't believe he edited the video to make it look fair chase.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    It really doesnt surprise me, I think he was one of the clients at the cage place in Indiana. They drugged deer shot em, video'd em, pretty sad.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I couldnt even enjoy that. If I want to pick my animals like that I'll go to a butcher counter.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That dirty s.o.b. needs to be put in a cage and shot!

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    is there anyway this could be a hoax? Id really hate to think one of my favorite country stars and an avid sportsman (or atleast once was) be trashed if it isnt true. kinda odd though, what their saying for penalty seem alot worse then poachers get in PA. a man with that kinda money could hunt anywhere, why shoot a caged tame animal??

7. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    if i was eddie montgomery i would break off and do a solo act......im sad to say i was once a fan....i say all bowhunters, hunters and any true upstanding outdoorsmen should boycott montgomery gentry.....anybody with me?

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks for sure, amazing what people will do to say they got a nice kill. :sad2:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    First of all brother thank you for sharing second of all that just makes me sick!!! I don't care if he is a good singer and has money out his ears if he is proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt I say throw his butt in jail. No wonder we honest people who cherish the outdoors and fish and hunt are constantly having to fight off Peta and their garbage,it's because of people like him and the dumb stupid things they do!! This makes me angry and sick!!
    pk powell:angry:

10. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    The bear had already been regestered as a tame bear, thats alot worse than poaching. Thats just plain sick! :angry: :angry: :angry:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That is about as dumb as a box of rocks.And to think people think they can get by with that sort of thing. Myself personally (I know I'll probably get feedback) I never did care thatm uch for him. True he has some songs that are (ok) but he's not my favorite.If he did that give him max punishment.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    this is what money will do to hunting in the future. it seems like a lot rich folks think they can buy there way into the record books. its just another case of the pen pals getting caught.

13. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    With his money, I doubt he spends a day in jail.

14. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    That is simple to answer he is a low life coward and figures his money can buy him anything. I hope they hang the sob. As someone else said montgomery needs to distance himself as far as he can from this low life so he dont go down the tubes like he will.

15. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Thats some B.S. I guess we know what kind of person he is now. I dont even see how you could do that. This guys a piece of work.

16. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i dont agree with what he did, but come on guys whats up with all of the name calling, do we have a bunch of PETA people on here, sounds like to me he did a high fence hunt, only the fence was 10' squared and had a lid on it. this aint the way i would hunt but people been hunting high fence animals for years and i dont see a difference cage-vs-fences ???

17. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guided some high fence hunts in high school, and i can say there is a significant difference in a ten foot pen versus five thousand acres. But that was for exotics, and besides when its bear, boars, or panthers go meet them on their grounds, because yes shooting a potentially dangerous predator in a cage is cowardly, and unsportsman. If your afraid to hunt and track something that could have the upper hand, then stay home! Peace.:sad2:

18. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    john your right i will agree with ya 100% yes there is a difference in a ten foot pen versus a five thousand acre ranch just in size they are both there to contain the animals

19. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    i dont want to turn this into something that its not, im just saying, are we all that great of a person that we can point our fingers and call people names? I KNOW IM NOT

20. johnpotter777

johnpotter777 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I agree, I dont want to get into name calling, this is just money and power going wrong, I only eat what I catch, shoot, or trap, so yeah this makes me a little sore. Peace.:roll_eyes: