Country Music!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Jan 13, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm sure everyone is familiar with the retired band of Alabama,Randy Owens was lead singer. They had this song out "Born Country". Well that describes who i am almost to the tee. Some of the words about family ties run deep,cornbread in my mama's kitchen.Daddy sayin Grace before the meal. When he sings "I gotta 100 years of "down home runnin through my blood",well folk thats exactly who Pat is. I was definitely born country!:big_smile_2:

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well Pat, I already knew I liked ya, but when you bring Alabama into it, I KNOW I do!!! What a great group! They began their singing career (pretty much) at "The Bowery" in Myrtle Beach, SC; although they performed here in Hickory quite a few times at the Sheraton (which has another name now, and since I have no need of stayin' there I don't know it...think it's Quality Inn). I love 'em, they didn't win country entertainer of the year (several years runnin') for nothin'!!! Shovin' all country music aside, I think our BOC members take to country folk!!! I know I do....rednecks, country boys, and just down home good people...we're all accepted and welcomed as members here on the BOC :big_smile:.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Pat and Tanya,

I love most any music, except not much jazz or classical. Mixed in once and while is fine. NO disco, NO rap, very little hard metal rock and no 'crappie' music IMO. :lol: :wink:

I love discovering new artists, different venues of music, etc. Piano, hillbilly, back holler music is hard to pass up, too. You know the ones that play on the jugs and spoons in the hollers occasionally. Was that country enough? :wink: :cool2:

Happy 2007!
    Cheryl

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Youall are gals after my own heart yep thats about the way it is with me an the wife cept my daughter turns that rap crap on ever now and again I know that with age that should wear off though

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    My favorites include 40 hour week, Roll On (Wasn't that BAN ned? :wink: , Play Me Some Mountain Music....
    My favorite Country group closely followed by the Oak Ridge Boys, George Strait, Conway and the Statler Brothers. Add some Cathedrals, and Gaither Vocal Band and I am set for days.

6. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    To the ladies of the BOC, doing my best fake Twitty:

"Hello Darlin"

:big_smile_2:

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,

Nice to see you, it's been a long time.

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Loanwizard I remember an old saying possably you're heard it too "Ya don't miss the water till the well runs dry" I love all that you have mentioned and I love all the old classics in country! I wish I could still hear Alabama on the radio.They were so good. Kinda makes me sad,that they retired! Reps to ya Brother!:big_smile:

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    "Hello Darlin" back to ya.Hope you're havin a fine day!:big_smile:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I listen to more rock music than country but do appreciate what the country artists represent. This past year I even bought a cowboy hat!:big_smile: Maybe I'm turning country!

11. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cheryl,
    What do you mean, you don't like no 'crappie' music? I love the sound of my reel singing when a big Ole slap crappie grabs my bait and takes off.LOL
    All jokes aside,I love country & western music. If it's not country,I'm not listening to it!

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    When it comes to music I like a mix.

I really do like to listen to the words in songs. That being said... have any of you heard the song "he didn't have to be" by Brad Paisley? It is pretty much the story of my dad and I.... Brings tears to my eyes!

13. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I was raised up listening to Alabama. My dad would play their records during the evening. While he played pool. I will never forget those days. My dad kinda looked like Randy Owens a little. I like old country.

14. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Here is a photo of My dad and David.

Attached Files:

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Dang, Trish, Your Dad either has a twin, or I've seen him at a concert, perhaps. He looks very familiar! Handsome son!

Take care.
    Cheryl

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wonderful songs,wonderful music,man I wish they had'nt retired. That voice of Randy's was awesome.:big_smile:

17. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I'm lucky, I grew up with the best of both worlds. I went to school in the city and spent my summers on my uncles ranch. I like to think it made me a well rounded person. Thanks for sharing Pat

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats a good song pat!

19. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    have you heard of James McMurtry? I cought him last night on Auston City limit.Not sure what kind of misic it is but, it remended me of old Jacckson Brown wiith an attude. smokey

20. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    There are very few country artists still performing.:sad2:
    Maybe a handful .