Counting down

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by duxsrus, Oct 15, 2006.

1. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tick tock tick tock................. 5 more sunrises wasted and on the 6th one the guns will be blazin'. :lol: Saturday can't get here soon enough. Been blowing the Zinks and filling the boat with dekes. Almost time to get the show on the road.:waaaht:

2. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I know the feeling. It opened here on the 7th. Hunting has only been fair. Local birds only and the weather has been warm and sunny. But at least its here.....

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It's two more weeks until my waterfowl season opens up. I may have lost my spot to hunt so that i'm not excited about at all. Hopefully everything gets worked out before the 28th but it's not looking so good right now.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Too bad to hear about losing a spot. I can relate to that. The best honey hole I ever had was lost because the farmer decided to sell to "Mr Subdivision Builder". Hopefully you can find some other places to find birds at.

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    2 weeks for the middle zone in Mo. Decoys are ready, dog is tuned up and guns are cleaned and ready. All we need here is some rain. Bring on the DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well the day came and went yesterday. We ended up with just geese. Ended up hunting a cut corn field so didn't expect much if any duck action but did see eight woodies. Of course they weren't interested. Leaving here in a few to try again this morning. Hearing lots of reports of guys up around the big pond (Erie) getting lots of variety of species not too common for this early. Not sure what's up with that. Hope it doesn't mean an early migration and we'll be twittling the thumbs come January. Good luck when you guys make it out.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    At least you are going and geese aren't that bad, they will come down sooner or later.