Coulterville Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Mar 27, 2008.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Channel cat heaven average around 4 pounds but by the dozens . Catch them near the pump house by boat or land it is a honey hole. The crappie are caught by the dozens also . Only problem is the cats quit biting at dark .....lol....I havent a clue why but they do .

2. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Toby is it better than Nashville co. resivour?I really like fishing Nashville and have caught alot of cats there,never really crappie fished it but have heard there's some nice ones there two if ya can find em.Is there a horsepower limit at Coulterville?What do they hit on there?

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I believe its 10 h.p. but couldnt swear it . bait is shad , chicken liver , sonnys , and genos . thats all i have tried there . As far as the nashville reservoir I dont think there is anywhere better That is my favorite Iam always there . LOTS OF CATS big bass and crappie . You go there much ? If so look for a couple fat guys one with tattoos .

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Toby,me and catmankev used to go there all the time.We learned about drift fishing from Steve Brown of catfishsafari and have been hitting Baldwin lk. alot for the blues.I always liked Nashville because its not rough like Baldwin and very secluded.We have been fishing Nashville for over 20 years so I am sure we have crossed paths.I have a fish and ski Monarch"red" boat with a 90 hp-I use my trolling motor there and catmankev has a new Lund Crappie edition.We used to go there mainly in a jon boat though,me and catmankev are both large guys and if you ever see us say hi and we'll do the same.I really like night fishing there using lighted bobbers in the bushes.I cant wait to get back out there and hope to run into you there.:big_smile: