Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Saturday 9-5-21 i was fishing at lake Noxamickon Bucks County PA, with my friend from about 9pm - 430am
We came out one with a decent blue about 29" 9lbs.
I stayed up until 830 am processing it and cleaning up. After i skined it i noticed many red dots on the under side of the skin (the part that makes contact with the meat). Id hate to throw it and out waste the meat but if thats what it comes to then thats what it is. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Attached are 4photos, both sides inside and out, the outside of the skin looked and felt fine and the red dots are not bumps.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I have no idea what it is but it is probably some form of blood.

Reactions: MonkeyPlumber97

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
here is some old bacon I found a while back

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
what knife did you use that was a nice job

Reactions: SteveMcK

·
Registered
Dave from ohio
1,682 Posts
nice knife. Next time try holding your knife a 16 th of an inch up off the skin when filleting, it will take most of that red out, and the bumps your worried about out. You will be left with a red strip running down the middle, v cut that out, and you will have all white meat left. Some people dont mind that stronger taste of the red meat, but I prefer to take it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice knife. Next time try holding your knife a 16 th of an inch up off the skin when filleting, it will take most of that red out, and the bumps your worried about out. You will be left with a red strip running down the middle, v cut that out, and you will have all white meat left. Some people dont mind that stronger taste of the red meat, but I prefer to take it off.
Thanks for the tip ill definitely keep that in mind next time. The spices i used to cook the first one you couldnt taste anything. I used too much cayenne pepper 😂

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I believe a healthy dose of peanut oil brought up slowly to about 325° in cast iron,,Andy Red batter with a extra vigorous dose of Slap Yo Momma Cajun seasoning and about a dozen bottles of FINELY brewed barly perfection and those little red spots will be a thing of least concern of your day!!!
This right here. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts