Could they still be alive?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by tugrivercater, Jul 10, 2006.

1. tugrivercater

tugrivercater New Member

State:
    ky
    about 6 years ago there was a small pond behind my uncles house on an old state road. verry old, dirt and growed up. the pond was used to slow down the watter flow in the creek. it had blue gille in it already but we added about 15-20 channel cats and flat heads that my dad and uncle caught finger fishing. our plan was to stock the pond up and not tell any one so we would have our owen fishing pond. then the state came in shortly after we put in the cats and dug it out the pond was a mess and muddt for months we thought there were no suvivors but yester day i saw some bluegille swimming in it. whats the chances that some of the cats might have made it and maybe spawnd over the last few years?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I don't know about spawing flatties but you got a 50/50 chance of some nice fish being in there.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Fish spread also because of ducks feet when they go from one pond to the next. There is a good chance that there is a variety of fish in that pond. Good luck trying to get em.

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    If the bluegill survived I'd be willing to bet the cats did too. Takes alot to kill a cat in its own environment

5. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Only one way to find out for sure...

6. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas

What? I have never in my life heard that one before.

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Fish On And Let Us Know

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is what they told us in school anyway. We took a field trip to a park, the ranger told us that.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I have to agree with Kyle on this one.

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    There's noyl one sure fire wya to find out. Get your line wet!

11. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I would bet there are some still in there.... Sounds like a fishing trip to me :smile2:

12. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    If I was you,I'd throw out some jugs and see.You might be suprised.Good luck.

13. heeler

heeler New Member

State:
    missouri
    If I were you,I'd throw out some jugs and see what happens.You might be suprised.Good luck.

14. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    IF they drained it completly than these are probably not survivors. but fish it nd find out . Nature stocks pnds and lake by herself.

15. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    Only one way to find out... pay for my gas down there, buy/catch my bait and let me fish it...

Get out there and fish it... only the tug on the end of the line will tell you if they are in there or not...

16. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    I with everyone else on this one. There is only one way to find out, drop a line in it.

There are more than likely a few left but as it was noted before nature has away of bringing life to things like ponds and lakes on her own.

17. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i heard that about fish eggs getting spread by ducks too? i guess it makes sense.

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I Don't think they made it Tommy! No use you wasting your time! But because your a BOC Brother.And I care Where is this place at and Ill go check it out for you. LOL. Rips right I would bet there still there. J.D.Straka :big_smile:

19. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    idk...if i were you i'd put out some jugs or bush hooks......because if they're not there.....well you dont wanna waste a whole night fishing for them. but hey look on the bright side if they did die you get to go fishing a TON more to try and re-populate the pond!!!

20. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    They are right too, not just ducks, but other birds that hang out around the water, do indeed spread fish eggs around. It's a proven fact already.

As for cats still being in the pond, it's possible, if the Bluegill are the same ones that were there when they dug the pond out then the cats should still be there but they could be ones that got in there from eggs or something. Only one way to find about the cats though just as others said.