Could it be done

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Sep 24, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have a section for members phone numbers and or city and state maybe listed by state that way we could have a way to check on them also if you find yourself in their area you could call them this would of course not be done without the permisson of the member. what about it powers that be could it be added

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would like to see a better contact system, but...................................

I don't know how good of an idea it would be, In todays world, that much info on the web could be no good, **not that they can't get it anyway** but a consoldated list is never a good idea.

I would be all for an more complete city/state roster and then you could do private messages for initial contact.

3. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not a good idea to post #'s on the web. The web crawlers for the search engines (like Google) will capture all that info, unless it is protected.

Other sites I use that have a contact list will just have someone on the site administer a list and emial it to anyone that needs it.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yes I agree, I think that the system that is in place at the BOC is sufficient. I would be willing to give my phone number to most members in this manner.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I maintain a B.O.C. phone book, That I have close to 150 members numbers in it. All the numbers should be given in a PM only that is the way I got most of mine. If I have enough interest I will post again to exchange numbers.

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I goofed I did not think about the bad only how it would help as the BOC has made me feel so secure I forgot about the things that happen to the rest of the world sorry:embarassed:

7. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    The idea is great brother, however maybe on a personal level via PM would be the best... I have several in my cell phone under their BOC name...

However I am worried about one member right now, and don't have a phone #...:embarassed::eek:oooh:

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    We're all worried about her. If you hear anything, let us know.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I ask others numbers in a PM and if any one wants mine all they gotta do is PM and ask.