COULD I?????

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ilovemyfish, Jan 25, 2008.

1. ilovemyfish

ilovemyfish New Member

State:
    california
    could i take abu 6500 side plates and put them on a 5500????

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    maybe but i dont think so. i tried to put the clicker side of my 6000 on my 5000 and it didnt work so good maybe if i put the handel side on too????? the prob i had was the spool didnt center i guess from the different bearings. xringer should ring in and tell you the reel story.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup, you can. I've got a 5500 that I put 6000(red) endplates on. It's got a black frame, and looks pretty kewl and the clicker works fine. I call it my 6000N (narrow). I just did it for fun but it's perfect for fishing ponds and small areas were I don't need alot of line.

I used a newer 5500 ultra cast model and the newer end plates. You might have problems using some of the older frames/spools and newer plates, or visa-versa. But, for those who already have a 5000 or 5500 and want a clicker, then they can pick up 6000 or 6500 endplates up fairly cheap on places like ebay for anywhere from 5 to 25 bucks. It's a cheap and easy way to convert what you've already got to a clicker without having to buy a new reel. If you're fishing from a boat or don't need to cast far, it's worth the conversion.

4. ilovemyfish

ilovemyfish New Member

State:
    california
    WOW thank you so much ....from now on im going to ask you all my abu questions lol

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm FAR from knowing it all, but I'll tell ya what I know. The rest, we can stumble through and figure out, LOL.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    thank you for the info.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Anthony, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing ste on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.