Could be one great upgrade for abu.

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kscathunter, Oct 15, 2006.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
  2. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Bro,I bet that paw would be smooth but I think if you got sand or dirt in there that dude would snap like a toothpick.Might be good for a boat fisherman???

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I don't think that ceramic pawl would break if you got sand in it, often times ceramic can be harder and tougher then metal. with this pawl I'd be more worried about tearing up My wormgear or worse yet the gears inside the reel. I was always told the pawl was designed to fail for two reasons, it is a cheap easy to replace item and it protects the more expensive harder to service gears inside the reel. If a peice of sand or other debris gets into the wormgear something has to give. I would just stick with the stock pawls.

I order them 6 at a time and I fish from a boat.

4. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I was told of the same two reasons brad talked about,and I'm with em on this:cool2:

5. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you fish in a clean environment then these would be OK, But I would be afraid it would wear my worm gear out and they cost a lot more to replace. It would last a lot longer than the stock pawl, but the pawl is designed to wear out to protect the worm gear. I am like the other guys, stick with the stock pawl.

6. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Ok...I looked at the pawl....but what the heck is it used for?

and how does it upgrade reels?

maybe its a girl thing???:embarassed: