could alabama beat florida in the sec championship game?

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by baitchunker, Nov 3, 2008.

1. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    if alabama wins out, and florida wins out, what would the outcome of the sec championship game be?

if alabama remains undefeated untill the ces championship, but they lose to florida, would florida have a shot at the n.c.?

what do yall think?

personally, i think florida has the most powerful offense in the sec right now. and allthough bama has a stout defense, i dont think they are consistent enough to beat florida.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would pick FL to beat AL, but you just never know. FL will have a shot if they beat AL, and TTech loses a game (I think they will). What could happen is that you have an undefeated Penn St. and a 1 loss SEC and Big-12 Champion, then there'll be a big hoopla about who should play Penn St. for the title. If Penn St. chokes, I think it'll be SEC vs. Big-12 for the title if all 3 have 1 loss. FL is lookin' really good right now though.

3. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    As a former "bettor", I like to view games %wise. I'd say Florida would win that game about 6 games outta 10 but you gotta be ready to play. Bama wont be too proud to win that game if they have the opportunity.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Alabama could not beat LSU so don't about a NC anyway who was Ark.St. was tha some 6a team they threw in to be 9 and 0?

5. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Fla would spank alabama I think:big_smile:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Tim Tebow will have Nick Sabin for breakfast!

7. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'd say that Ala. could beat Fla. they have a really good defense that could keep them in the ballgame.

8. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I could see this game going either way. Florida's looking harder to stop, at least right now. But, this is the SEC, and anything goes. I'd love to see an undefeated team (or two!) in the NC game, but I have my doubts as to whether that will actually happen.

If I had to pick, I'd flip a coin. I'll pick heads.

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fl vs Tex Tech in the CS bowl

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I think Florida would beat Bama based on what I've seen so far from these teams. I was actually counting on it before my Nittany Lions had a flat tire in Iowa! :roll_eyes:

11. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    In most sports, it is the hot team that wins championships, not necessarily the best team. That being said, watch out for Florida....they are hot.

12. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Fla still has a couple of pretty tough games left to play, before the SEC game. SC, and at Fla st. are not gimme's. If Fla loses one of these games they might beat Ala. for the SEC but they'll have no shot at the National title. I think Spurrier's boys may give them a tough game tomorrow. This team did lose at home to a very average Miss team so they're not unbeatable.

13. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Tough game. If Alabama's defense can come up with a few big turnovers I think they can beat em.

14. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I love Alabama football and I have seen them do some amazing things in
    the last 50 years. For Alabama to beat Florida they will have to play their
    very best and Florida would have to be a little off. But to be honest I don't
    think any one can beat Alabama before the game starts, I have to see it.
    Do I see a little Aubie in some of the other posters from Alabama. Who is
    Tennessee Martin?

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I'm will have to go with Bama on this one but Bama hasn't beat Aubion yet the in state rivery is something else:smile2: