Cougars

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by kat buster, Jun 28, 2006.

1. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    So has any body actually seen a cougar in Michigan. It seems like once one person seen them everybody seen them. I heard this story from my friend that said his uncle that lives in Buchanan, that his aunt heard a cougar early morning and when it got light out they had a four inch paw print accross seven feet from their house.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It is my belief that cougars are making a comeback, They have been spotted here in New Jersey as well as many other Eastern states.

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Blam Peta Or Praze Them It Cuts Both Ways

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Last cougar I seen was around ten years ago. But, I've seen sign of 'em several years after that.

-Red

5. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I haven't been to your fair state but one time and it was cold with about 3 feet of snow on the ground and I've lived in the south all my life so I stayed in the truck as much as I could.

I did see a Fla.panther in the wild in the Everglades in 1987,I think there were less that 30 of them in Fla at the time.

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i think that if coyotes can come back so can other animals. Weather released or escaped they are illusive. Our DNR's don't want to panic the public by admitting wild animals are around us.

7. nightwing

nightwing New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I had one run past my tent last summer near Marion.(Osceola county).
    I didn't see it,(was in the tent) but a fellow camper did, and I certainly heard it!
    The sightings have increased lately, and it's not hard to find first person accounts.
    Bears are also on the increase, drasticaly....so this is not suprising(bear are showing up now on the outskirts of Grand Rapids, on a regular basis).

8. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    i Havent Seen A Cougar Myself, Nor Have I Heard Of Any Sightings Here In My Neck Of The Woods. Personally I Hope They Do Make A Comeback. The Ones That Are Seen Or Heard Are Most Likely Due To The Increase In Houses Being Built Now. We Humans Take Over Every Inch Of Land Possible So Sooner Or Later Someone Will Have An Encounter With A Cougar,wolf Coyote Or Even The Sly Old Fox Right In There Own Backyard!!

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    that is exactly what Californians have been facing for years. the more houses that are built in the cougar sanctuaries, the more mountian lions are going to be spotted. Hopefully from a afar.

10. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    it Was About Two Months Ago, But The Paper Told Of A Blackbear That Was Hit By Not One But Three Cars On The Freeway In Flint,mi. What The Heck Was A Bear Doing Or Thinking In An Area Like That? I Bet The Natives Would Have Freaked If It Had Made It Into The City!