cotton wood falls

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by twinrivers, May 4, 2009.

1. twinrivers

twinrivers New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey everybody ,new here .going to cotton wood falls try a little heard anything ?

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Can't help you out with the question but welcome to the BOC.

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Never fished there but I'll bet someone on here has.Welcome to the BOC.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Wish I could help. Welome to the BOC.

5. byoung

byoung New Member

State:
    DeSoto, Kansas
    I haven't fished there but my father has spoke of the area. He states he caught some big flathead there when he was in college (for one year); but he's been know to stretch the stories as he gets older :roll_eyes:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Brooks, fathers alwas tell the truth..:roll_eyes:

But over time our tales might get a little bigger:wink: when it comes to fish they have caught..:big_smile:

But aint that true for all of us young and old:tounge_out::big_smile:

7. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I went fishing there once. There's campgrounds there at the dam, some nice cabins (outhouse was a little iffy though:smile2:). But when I went we just used a tent and I want to say it was about $10/night and you can fish right at the dam all you want. If you don't want to camp or stay there, I think they'll let you pay a few bucks to fish on their property. Or if there aren't many other people there fishing they might just let you fish if you ask. The water was really high when we were there, actually right after a flood. We only caught one flathead, but I can bet there are some big ones in that river. I wish there was a ramp to get a boat on there though, that was the only thing. But its not a navigable river I guess.

8. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    At the lodge or hotel or whatever it is they have some pictures of some monster flatties that get pulled out of the dam area. Steve caught a couple of drum if I remember right farther downstream bank fishing. I think there used to be a boat ramp near the dam, till someone put on and couldnt get their motor started and went over the dam with his boat.

Extremely limited public access to bank fish, except for the dam area, and make sure you have plenty of tackle, snagging giant logs happened to us a ton.

9. jacobsuenram

jacobsuenram New Member

State:
    Kansas
    A friend of mine sets bank lines around that area every summer and catches a lot of big flathead.