COT

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by bsu_catfisher, Feb 26, 2008.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    What does everyone think so far of the first season of the COT. Esp. now that we have a plate race under the belt?

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Its still growing on me. Just wished Nascar would have done this to the old Busch/Nationwide series rather than the premier Cup series. Wont be long when the Nationwide cars will be running faster than the Cup cars.

3. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    It was time to move on to another design like they've done a few time in years gone by. Just like the general styling changes in the production cars over the years. Them boys'll figurem out and get em dialed in and make em faster and handle better yet. They're still in grade school with this car, so-to-speak. A long ways to go!

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i will say onr thing. its a big change for me. going from yates 88 jarrett to a new driver and the c.o.t. but my new man Edwards seems to be good with the rousch fenway c.o.t.'s. well see.

5. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I agree about Edwards - Rousch/Fenway... they're looking pretty good. There are quite a few of them that are looking pretty good. But they've all still got quite a bit of learning-curve to go through yet... teams - drivers - NASCAR. I think the new car will be good for the NASCAR racing in the long run!

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It doesn't really make any difference what the fans think about the changes that Nascar makes,because they don't ask for our opinion anyway! Their going to do what they want to do and if you don't like it "tough $hit!" All I can say is I don't go to the races anymore and there are alot of other people that aren't going either by the looks of the empty seats. They keep going down the path that they are on now they will cut their own throat.JMO

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    My biggest problem with the car is that it takes 90% of what built stock car racing and what it was about away.
    The manufacturer. The manufacturer is left with a nose emblem.

Where did the manufacturers cup go?
    When was the last time time you heard anything about manufacturer points?
    We got alot of cars over the years out here to buy and drive because racing was dictating the designs as those speeds increased and the graduated to college on those cars. Speed doesnt really matter. They could go 25 MPH slower at Charlotte and I couldn't tell it by watching on TV. It has for a long time been not only a battle of race car driver but a battle between manufacturers with their designers and engineers. There were alot of years you couldnt wait for the fall line up out of Detroit.

All that is gone.

NASCAR has gotten more then a whiff of they have done too much. They know it.
    I caught a little whiff of their we hear you from the Daytona broadcasts and the Speed Channel.

8. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Maybe so... but we're already seeing less of the 30 car single file-don't get outta line or you go to the back for dozens and dozens of boring follow the leader laps and more of the 3n4wide racing like we did decades ago... when they do get outta line they still back up but it doesn't seem to be as far back or as fast to the back.

We don't see near as many one car teams anymore either and we seem to see fewer and fewer as the years go by... one car teams were pretty much the standard issue back 30-40 years ago... few were the 2 car teams... those days are pretty much over, too... and it didn't cost 40-50 million a car per year either like it does now either.

The manufacturer(s) always historically favored a select few chosen loyals and the others running the same generic make were out of pocket for inferior powertrains due to lack of factory backing preferential powerplants and respective parts... they got the best of the best and the newest of the newest r&d... same $tuff just $mells different.

The races were slower back then but think I it was more outright racing than it is now. Strategy, set-up, fuel milage, etc-etc will always be a part of it, no doubt... but my opinion is it will bring 'more racing' back to the track... jmo...