Cost of lead weights are going up

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by baitshop 2, Jul 6, 2007.

1. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i own a tackle shop and just to let you now you might want to stock up at your local shop because leadweights are going to up in cost from wholesale cost to us by 114% buy august , thats not all swivles are also going up 147%this is just the beging for this year this info come fom letter one of my vendors got from eagle claw so if you wont to beat the price incress buy up now because it will go up in the stores soon hope this helps ...:big_smile:

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thanks for the heads up!!! :crazy:

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank's Chris.Now Everyone get on out there and Hog Up J.D.:big_smile_2::big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

4. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the heads up. is noce to have advanced warning.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Geez 114% I better stock up hitting my tackle bait shop this weekend. I need to get some more as I have been teaching my buddy how to fish and he is getting snagged everywhere and has gone thru most of weight and leaders already.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Good thing I have plenty of lead in the garage to make weights with. Man, that is terrible!!!

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered another 10# of no rolls on ebay.:wink:

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    makes me glad im switching to rocks as weights , better stock up on hooks though or they'll go up next

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I don't buy weights from a baitshop I cast my own but the tire shop I've been getting lead from for 30 years just closed for good so I hope I have enough lead for a while.

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Another item you may want to keep your eye on is trot line clips made by Magic Bait. They were selling at Wal-marts about one month ago for a little over $6.00 a bag... they are now over $11.00 for the same amount.

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I pour my lead but lead is up to 50 cents a lb now. 8 oz cost 25 cents. cost of fishing keep going up.

12. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i now a lot of people pour a lot of lead but lead price on the market is predicted to go up also this will make recycles start to buy up all scrap lead so its going to be intresting .... what it will do:cool2:

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    It's already hard to get lead from the tire shops in this area - they're all contracted with a battery manufacturer for all their used tire weights. They now get paid for something that was a nuisance waste product a couple of years ago. I finally found one shop that was willing to give me some used weights, and not coincidentally, that's where I'll be doing my tire business in the future...

14. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Hmmm, I guess Do-it molds will go up right along with the lead.....Dwight

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JW you better recheck that stash of lead it may be gone. You have some shadey fisherman in your area. Example: In a town near us an 83 years lady awoke in her trailer by a knock on the door. The neighbor asked her where all her aluminum sideing had went. During her nights sleep thieves had taken all of her siding off her trailer. No one saw or heard anything. The times we now live.

16. sherpa

sherpa New Member

State:
    florida
    the days of cheap metal are gone. china gobbleing it up.

17. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    sherpa,

The days of "cheap everything" is gone....At any rate, you catfishermen and everybody else better visit the Do-it mold site and the tire store, if what they say is true.....Dwight

18. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    looks like ill have to start stealing grampas stash lol

19. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Shoot, the price of sinkers right now was enough to make me go buy all the stuff to make my own. Any higher would just be robbery.

20. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I got about 300 ounds of tire weights from a friend who runs a tire service store. I was making and selling a few but I may have to keep them all for myself at the rate its going:eek:oooh: