Corp of Engineers website with river maps

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Grits, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Good Morning

Someone told me the Corp had a website where you can download charts of The River. Does anyone know what I am talking about and where it can be found.

Thank you and catch a big one.

Grits

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas

3. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Thanks Vernon, I am heading that way.

I am going to take you up on some fishing. I am not new to fishing, I just do not have any experience fishing the Arkansas River. I have never been a big lake fisherman because of all the people. In my youth, I fished the White River Refuge a lot. Back then all the lakes were hard to get to and there were not many people. Now it is like a freeway.

Is there any good catfishing in any of the big lakes like Greer's Ferry or Ouchitaw. I think I could stand that at night if I could catch fish.

Thank you all for all your kind words.

Grits

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Roger, yes there is some good fishing on those lakes. Myself and Johnnie (poisonpits) from mena hook up every now and then and fish Qouchita. Johnnie, can put you on some fish in that lake and pretty much knows where to find them. I plan on making it up his way sometime before the year is up and do some fishing with him on Wilemena, maybe you can tag along! Or we can plan a trip to Qouchita and meet up with him! I currently have a Bayliner cobra bass boat that i fish out of. But, needs a little motor work. I will get on it as soon as i get better. Right now, i am not in the best of shape to be fishing!

5. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri