Corona Lake Fishing Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Jedi007, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    Headed out to Corona Lake again Friday October 26, 2007. Got to the lake around 7:30 pm and stayed until 11:00 pm. Did not end up with any fish, but I had a couple of load ups that were interesting. I was on the bank between the regular dock and the first trash can. There is nothing like the feeling of having something big hit your line and start running with it in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, the score ended up the fish 2, me 0. It was a load of fun anyway. The air was still pretty thick with smoke from the fires. I had heard (I think it was the following Monday) that a guy had drowned out there over the weekend. Pretty freaky. Here is the story:

Man falls from dock, dies during fishing trip
    A fisherman drowned Saturday night after he fell from the dock at Corona Lake in Temescal Valley, authorities said.
    A Riverside County coroner news release identified the man as Ruben Alcantra, 41, of Mira Loma.

Full story here.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Makes you wonder why someone who can't swim would go out in a small boat without a PFD.

3. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    I agree. It makes no sense. The water doesn't appear to be that deep around the dock. Especially, now that the water levels are down. The only thing I can think of is that he hit his head on either the dock or the boat on the way down. Or he could have been drinking. It is a shame.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    That is sad. You figured though the guy would not be wearing a life jacket when you are about to get out of the boat at the dock. Either way, it still sad news.

Jaime

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I cant swim at all and I never went fishing without a vest.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    This reminds me of a time few years back, I was with a couple of buddies near Mendota pool, and around sun up I hears a beer twist open. Couple of "border brothers" were drinking up a storm. I told my buddy, "watch, this fool is gonna drown". Any who.....one of em slid in like expected. The other dude jumped in to help. Needless to say both fools drowned. Pissed me off to no end. By 11:30 the dive team and all were there. The bite was on full and heavy too. After divers and boat went in, the bite died:angry: