CORN ???

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 28, 2010.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I KNOW THAT BLUEGILLS EAT EVERYTHING BUT NOW IM CURIOUS IF THEY WILL EAT CORN???

ALSO WHATS THE FAVORITE WAY TO FISH FOR THEM???

TIPS ON EASY TO USE BAITS ????

LeRoy

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Leroy,it works here,I just use a #6 matzuo syckle hook and one whole kernal on it. I usually use a slipcork and a tiny splitshot [BB] size.

3. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    the way i usually catch em is on a lil chunk of worm on a small hook. i have also used jigs. but worm works the best for me. i usually catch em in creeks.

4. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Hell ya they eat corn, carp too.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    can of corn and a lil vanilla..they go nuts

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MOST LIKLEY ILL MAKE A FEW DIFFERENT TYPES OF CORN.... THE REASON FOR CORN IS IM ON A BUDGET WITH BAIT AND SUCH.. DONT REALLY LIKE PAYING $4 FOR WORMS..... AND THE G-F DONT LIKE WORMS:cowboy:

ILL MOST LIKLEY ADD SOME SUGAR WITH THE CORN.... IM SURE THEY WILL EAT THEM BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THEY WOULD GO CRAZY OVER THEM :)

LeRoy

7. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I like to use a #6 or #8 hook with a few small spilt shots on the bottum with a small piece of worm or crickets I have caught bream on a piece of rope they will hit any thing my rod is a 4'6 ultra light with a small spinning reel 4lbs cajun red

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dig most of my own worms and sometimes will buy a little tub of wax worms and use a small hook with slipcork....works great! Never tried corn except for carp years ago.

9. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I have used corn a lot and caught a lot of bluegill on it. My boy even caught a channel on corn with a cars fishing pole.

10. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    They'll hit piece's of hot dog's, bologna, pea's, carrots, etc. Where I fish they tend to bunch up and get real competitive with each other. They're fun to catch on ultra lite tackle.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    for me worms in cool weather and corn in warm weather cool thing about corn is carp like it too lots of bait in a carp

12. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    when using corn thats how i do it.

however i have better luck on wax worms (NOT meal worms). they work the best out of anything i have used. i catch a lot of chubs, gills, sunfish, crappie, suckers, trout, bass, etc. etc. that way. i even have caught a few small cats while fishing for bait that way.

13. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    oh yeah, if you are using corn. throw a little out there or at least drain the juice in the water and chum a little bit. thats a good way to get on a big carp on light gear. its a blast hooking into a 5lb or bigger fish on 4lb test.

14. charlesthecarpmaster

charlesthecarpmaster New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've caught 8 1/2" pumpkinseeds with corn, along with around a hundred other small bass and bluegills. Bluegill love the stuff.

15. schoonie

schoonie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Sweet fishin' hole you got there.

16. Cochese

Cochese New Member

State:
    Eliza, Illinois
    Never tried corn on gills but I do use wax worms on them al year long! :)

17. Guppycatcher101

Guppycatcher101 New Member

State:
    PA
    Small piecies of worms, waxis, jigs, flys, anything small basically. LOL. I like fishing them with a slip bobber so i can mess around with different depths. But heck their the easiest thing to catch, ive evn caught them on a bare hook a couple times. LOL Light rod and line with small split shot and a small bobber and u should kill um.

18. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    Give the GF a beetle spin, yellow tail (little one) and let her go.