corn or milo

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by shovehead1, Jul 23, 2008.

1. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    should i dove hunt on corn or milo

2. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Welcome to the BOC, both will work, i have hunted doves outta both and have had luck. I would say that milo will work better, it seems that the doves like to come to them more.

Good luck

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Like the corn picked and the milo still standing.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I would prolly watch a day or so and see which they were using. Sunflower is also great or a newly sown wheat field. Also, welcome to the BOC

5. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    we cant hunt doves here:sad2: but i did hunt them when i lived in SC i loved it.. they taste great too. i guess there considered a song bird here an man there are some huge ones

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah when they sow the winter wheat, it's game on! another good crop to hunt on is sunflowers or millet. either one is better than corn or milo, as is the wheat. i don't hunt either corn or milo, because i want the pheasants to be there come december! :wink:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I like finding a water hole near a huge patch of WILD sunflowers myself,I think it's a preferred forage for them around here.,Little more than a month and we will be complaining of shooters shoulder .:roll_eyes::smile2::smile2:

8. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I have good luck over harvested fields of corn and milo in Texas. Sunflower fields are very good as are water holes when its dry. Doves are where you find them. Catfishjon

9. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i like finding ponds out in the middle of a grassy field. aint gotta be any special kinda grass, just a bunch of weeds. anyway my buddys got one of these ponds on 70 acres of ground and the end of the 70 acres he got a milo field on both sides that make really good dove hunting.lotta ditchweed in the area too lol