Corn field cats

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Wallbass, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was watching the flooding on Tv and thinking about all those cats that we will not be able to catch after the water goes down....:sad2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You'll be surprised there won't be as many left in those fields as a person would think. Seems like when the water starts going back out they just go with it.
    An old timer told me once that if you watch a field and there is fish in it when the water receeds that the river will come back and get them. Watched one year and sure enough that very thing happened. Fish left in a low spot and about 2 weeks later water back up and when it went back down no more fish left. Nature has away of taking care of it's own.

3. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    find those low spots and fish them with just a night crawler. i promise you all that you will definatly get those fish. i use to fish below a damn in wisconsin where the flood waters would fill this hole. just a night crawler will do the trick. try it out

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just go get them... been doing it for a couple of years now... I take them right back to the river.. have found some huge ones in the past that have exceeded the 50# mark that have died.. No sir... I dont like it.. so i just walk out and getem.. and if you choose to do this make sure you dont care about your shoes cause theres a good chance you will lose them