corn cobs for dipping

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by malaki, Nov 5, 2005.

1. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    would corncobs be good for using with dip bait or would they fall off the hook? there is an endless supply around here and i,m going to conger up a homemaid corn based dip bait and thought it mit go good on the cob.lol

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    I've never heard of using corn cobs, but there is a guy on here that uses loofas to soak up liver blood.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I don't see anything about a corncob that would hold dip bait to it. If you have any kind of squishy (not liquid) bait, you can work it into a bait-sized piece of loofa and it will be almost impossible to get out. And the loofa is strong enough to simply put on a single hook without string, hose, cheesecloth, or any of that mess.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Where can I buy/ order cheescloth. Wife caught me getting her panty hose! :eek: :eek: :glare: :confused: :D

5. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    :cool: I would imagine hooking a corn cob would not be easy, and if a cat did take the bait I doubt the fish would get hooked due to the toughness of the corncob, restricting the movement of the hook. Although I do believe the cob would soke up whatever liquid you put it in. The loofa sounds much better.

6. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I found my cheesecloth at a Target store in the cooking section. :)