Corn and...

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by jcozee1, Feb 28, 2006.

1. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    My friend went fishin' not long ago and told me he and another friend had good luck with corn that had soaked with Papa John's Garlic Sauce. They had a couple big ones, but lost them. Anyone else tried this?

2. catmando

catmando New Member

State:
    Colorado
    sorry i have never tryed it before but from the way it sounds i dont think i would try it.. Sounds like a fish story to me. But you never know cats will eat anything .. i think you would have better luck catching one of my college friends with the Papa John's Garlic Sauce lol :cool:

3. ksutroubleii

ksutroubleii New Member

State:
    New Philadelphia, OH
    They may be onto something with the garlic sauce. I pesonally use raw shrimp still in the shell soaking in either vanilla or garlic sauce as my never fail tournament bait.

4. jcozee1

jcozee1 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    No it wasn't just a fish story. I went with them the next day and get alot of bites.

5. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    Sounds plausable to me. Ive heared of using corn for carp and I bet the sauce would make it better. I think I'll give it a try for catching creek chubs! It also gives me a good excusse to go to Papa John's! :rolleyes:

6. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Addicted2cats if the garlic doesn't work for those chubs steal a hand full of that good ole hard (dry) kitty food. Throw that in your trap and in short while you'll have all the shiners you can use on a good day. Works great in swift water too.
    Good Luck,
    Don

To the world you may be just a person, but to a person you may be the world.

7. fastfrank

fastfrank New Member

State:
    Elgin, Alabama
    I used to carp fish a lot. and throw gallons of boiled field corn plus some cheap canned corn and cream corn, as chum. The next day I would fish with the field corn, which the carp preferred, or canned sweet corn. I used to catch a lot of channel cats on the sweet corn. Nothing over 5-6 lbs. usually 1 to 2 lber's. I had a ball using ultra light tackle.

8. Addicted2Cats

Addicted2Cats New Member

State:
    West Chester, Ohio
    shortshank, thay kitty food sounds like a great idea! I have been putting Bill Dance fish chum in a bag in my trap, but that hasent worked. Though today, I caught five six inchers using a small fly hook and a little piece of spam. I like that method because you only catch the bigger ones because the small ones can't take the bait.