Cork or no cork

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Louisiana Redneck, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good morning,

If you are going to float a line and use a cork of some kind, what is your preference. I have tried several different types and the big wedge shaped one that slips on the line works best for me.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Randy, If I am going to be fishing very deep I use slip bobbers. When I use bobbers for bream fishing I just peg them and don't use them as slip bobbers. My favorite style is 'cigar' shape. They are more aerodynamic so they will cast farther. I also like to match my bobbers and weights along with the bait so that they will just barley come to the top of the water. The reason for this is that it takes less force to pull the bobber under and hopefully won't be a warning to the fish to let go. I don't know if it makes any difference to the fish but it makes me feel better about it.:embarassed:

ST

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

cigar shaped and cast-a-bubble bobbers for me. they are both slip bobbers and can be pegged for fixed position. I am wanting to try the maine wolfe bobbers

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I buy the cigar shaped foam floats from Academy. They are the ones that are slotted and have two pegs. You can use them either fixed or as a slip float. Be careful, they also seel some that the bottom peg is lead. They are ok for a fixed float, but aren't any good if you want to slip it. Only 99 cents for three. Prefer the chartruese green ones, I can see them best in bright sunlight.

I got ahold of some big stick floats marketed by South Bend, don't believe they really make anything anymore. These things rest on their sides, are slip floats, and when the catfish takes them, they go horizontal like a flagging jug. Tried one out Tuesday and man, was it fun when a four pound channel took the float down. Noodle jug fishing without the noodle and on a rod/reel. Used a 7/0 circle hook on the line.