Cordell Hull/Old Hickory catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by volprocat, Dec 6, 2007.

1. volprocat

volprocat New Member

State:
    TN
    Does anyone have any experience fishing these lakes? Good or Bad...

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I grew up in Gallatin Tn. I fished Old Hickory for more than 25 yrs. What an awesome body of water. If your looking for monster flatheads, blues and channels, look no further. I moved away in 92' and came to Cadiz,Ky. Now I fish Lake Barkely and Kentucky Lake and down towards cumberland city . Try focusing on Old Hickory close to the Steamplant. Big cats can be found in the main river channel over on the intake side. Too many people on the discharge side.

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Scott.Post early and post often!One thing these guys and gals wont steer you wrong. smokey

4. volprocat

volprocat New Member

State:
    TN
    Small world, I grew up in Gallatin(Lock 4) just didin't catfish at the time. I know exactly where your talking about. U suggest drifting/anchoring in the deep bluff holes or on the edge of the flats. Thanks!

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Drifting is good. But I would anchor in these spots. They really hold some good ones and need to be fish slow and thouroughly.

6. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I live mins away but would love to say I have caught some monsters outs of this area but am still lookin

7. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Welcome to the BOC Scott. I fish CH mainly for sauger and striper. I have not targeted it for catfish enough yet to render an opinion, but I know they are in there as I have seen them! Good luck!