Coralville September 1

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AJG, Sep 1, 2008.

1. AJG

AJG New Member

State:
    iowa
    Slow day for me today caught two. But on a very positive note had a gentleman stop by and give me a ton on great advice on trolling and I beleive he is a member of this website:big_smile:

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah, that was me...

We caught 8 total, cleaned 6 nice ones and released a couple of 10 lbers. It was a little slow, but a nice day. It was easy to get nice, hook sized shad in the res also.

Adam, keep posting the reports. I think it's a real help to folks who aren't able to get out as much. I meant to ask you what you were using for bait.

Mike.

3. sltrnsam

sltrnsam New Member

State:
    Iowa
    glad to see you got out fishing mike, we caught 26 sunday and i thought that was a slow day. tried calling you on saturday to see if you wanted to get out there must have been busy. adam, mike is a good drift fishermen just do the advice he gave you and you will do fine.

clayton

4. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    will see you all sept 20 to get my rear handed to me. ha ha.

been slow on the miss for me last weekend. , but some nice fish. few #'s.

5. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    p.s. anyone up for fishing the res friday??? the 5th.

6. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Clayton,

I remember you calling me and I couldn't take the call where I was. Then, like usual, I forgot to call back. I'd take a 26 fish day, ya turd.

Randy went over to Curtis Bridge and couldn't get any shad off the bank. We're taking both boats to Red Rock tomorrow. I hope there's bait down there or it'll be a long day, eh? Also, I see no wind tomorrow at all. I just hope the cool snap might get them a little interested in fattening up.

Adam, Clayton taught me half the stuff I know and I haven't beat him fishing in more than 2 years. So, chase his boat when you get a chance too...:smile2:

Mike.

7. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    my normal fishing partner is unavailable to fish on sept20th... How would you guys like to lose to a girl! :eek:oooh: I might bring my wife if i can find someone to watch the kids. ( i fished the miss yesterday up at the clinton dam. )3 hours, 5 fish for 22# . I have never fished up there. big deep water. found shad a plentiful and put of a few bags for the freezer for emergency situations only:wink: