Coralville, Sept. 13 with John Campbell

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Burwell40, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Went out today with John Campbell of KCRG-TV9 in Cedar Rapids.

I thought I might look like a chump for the cameras but we finally got into them and John was able to get some good footage of us trolling and catching fish. We caught 7 or 8 with him this morning. The wind was picking up nicely all morning so, after John left, we went downriver where the lake is a little wider and wind drifted. We probably caught another 7 or 8 down there and quit fishing about 12:30.

John says he might run the footage tonight but probably more likely tomorrow night.

Mike.

2. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    excellent. you are a star!. I wish i had that channel around here. i would love to watch it.. i used to work up in the boundary waters area and one time i had a television crew on my boat fishing for lake trout.. the bite wasnt that good at the time so the couple decent fish we caught they had us keep them in the water for extra footage... sounds like you didnt need to do any of that eh.
    i was at a wedding reception at "south slope" last saturday night and it bugged the heck out of me not having my boat and hitting the lake. oh well. came home to the lovely mississippi and couldnt get any shad in our cast nets so ended up catchin about 15 stink bait fish in a couple hours. been a long time since i did that, but always fun.... I might get up to coralville sunday for some entertainment or i might do some pre fishing for our tourny down here on the mississippi. Good stuff.

3. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It was on the 6PM newscast and is supposed to be on again at 10. He did a really good job of editing the video and audio. No cuss words or anything.

4. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    I saw the segment on the 10 oclock news, nice piece. Mike, if you don't win that tourney on the 23rd, then there is something fishey goin on.
    I would sure like to see you use your drifting procedure up at Prairie Creek Lake, there's some 20 pounders in there. Your method might work real well up there.

5. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa

I'll have a chance because it's Clayton's birthday and his wife says he cain't fish!

6. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Sorry, on my other remark, I ment to say Pleasant Creek Lake or as some call it Palo Lake.

7. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've heard of Pleasant Creek. It's just hard to get me to go anywhere else when the fishing is as good as it's been at Coralville.

Here's a link the the video on KCRG's website.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/sports/3914176.html