Coralville Reservoir

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by primitive, Oct 20, 2006.

1. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    Went to the res tuesday was surprised to see the water was up about a foot. The little island above the bridges was totaly under water, just the willows sticking out. Strange thing was, I had a lot of trouble getting the boat off and back on the trailer. The sand is pretty level right there now and the drop is out farther now. I only caught one small cat. Depressed. primitive

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Ron,

Ya just gotta look in the right place, man. My buddy boated 9 today with a 10 lbs big along with an 8 and 9 lber. Look downriver in a little deeper water. The water temp today was 50 to 53 degrees. I'm hoping to get another trip in before the end of the month. November 8, we're heading down to Truman for 3 days of blue cats! I can hardly wait.

Mike.

3. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I was thinking about going out this am, but heck it's 34 degrees out and the wind is blowing. so the chill is about 25 degrees. not sure i'm taking the boat out on the lake but might have to sit on the bank below the spillway. i guess we'll see what my buddy has to say.

4. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Burwell, Good luck down south with those blues. I have always heard that December through February is the best if you are going for size. But I am sure you will still come acrosss a few of them this time of year as well. Let us know how you did, Pictures would be great too!