Coralville Reservoir, Monday 4/23/07

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Burwell40, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Took the day off and went fishing with my brother-in-law yesterday. Great day! We boated 22 channels between 10 AM and 4 PM catching 19 of them before 2 PM. We were seriously averaging 5 lbs with several 6's and a 7 for bigs through 19 of them. The last 3 we caught were less than 4 lbs with on 1.5 lber. That probably brought our average down to 4+. We released them all.

We were using fresh shad and trolling in deeper waters. Another note...I have never caught so many fish with fat bellies. They were all absolutely pigging out on something. I was tempted to kill on to see what they were eating but I guess I don't care as long as they'll bite on shad.

Mike.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to Go Mike. I wanted to get out on the water this weekend,first one I have had off in a month but I had to paint the master bedroom and put two new widows in.Oh well I'll just Bank them Daddy points up I earned for another day.Tight lines My Friend,J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

3. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You're a good man, J.D.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John,
    Does your wife know about you putting those two new widows in the master bedroom? LOL You rascal,you!
    Your Friend,
    Glenn