Coralville Lake

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by wiskeredwarrior101, Jun 3, 2007.

1. wiskeredwarrior101

wiskeredwarrior101 New Member

State:
    virginia
    so ive heard alot about coralville lake around here and i was wondering if you guys are fishing the coralville damn or where i dont want any specifics just the jist of it im planning on trying there this summer while im ast my dads ive only been there once when i was 3 and my memory's a lil shady lol so any tips would be greatly appreciated

2. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There's always folks fishing below the dam. Most of them are friendly and will offer you tips and sometimes even bait. I don't ever fish there myself but go by there to get bait sometimes. If you have a boat, it's hard to beat the lake for catfish. Stick to the upper end to avoid more of the pleasure boaters or fish in the early mornings.

3. wiskeredwarrior101

State:
    virginia
    thanks ill have to try it out

4. cjcat

cjcat New Member

State:
    iowa
    Do you call the upper end north of McHaffey (sp) bridge?

5. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    More like upriver from Jolly Roger or Mid-River Marinas yet still below the 380 Bridges. If you haven't had much experience going above 380, please be careful. Right now, there's plenty of water but at normal pool, you can get stuck in the mud pretty easily. And of course, there are stumps everywhere.

6. wiskeredwarrior101

State:
    virginia
    hey guys i was wondering what/how you rig your baits. thanks i think i going to try the sunken bridge around 280 has anyone had any luck here? thanks~nick