Cor-Bon Ammunition

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by gtva, May 12, 2006.

1. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    Anyone used Cor-Bon handgun ammunition? They have a .45+p Colt round I'd like to try for deer. Best place on-line to order?
    Thanks, GT

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I keep my Glock 9 MM and wife's Lady Smith 38 SPL loaded with Cor-Bon.
    Never bought but one box of each at a gun store in Little Rock. We target with reloads.

3. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    If you are talking 45acp +P I think while it might do the job but I am sure the energy even at the muzzle is below what is recomended for deer 1200fp I think . Unless you shoot them in the head. E YOU ON THE FISHBANK SOMETIME

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    That Particular Ammo Is Designed Primarly For Use Against Humans. Since Deer Are Thin Skinned It May Work Okay On Them But Here's What Happened To Me.

We Were Out Hog Hunting One Day,BTW, We Catch Them By Hand And I Had To Crawl In A Nasty Briar Thicket. It Was A Big Boar Hog About 250# With Big Cutters. He Was Butchering THe Dogs Up Bad And I Was Having A Hard Time Trying To Stand Up, So I Could Get Enough Leverage To Roll Him Once I Got Him Legged.

My Buddy, Who Is About Twice My Size, He's 225#, While I'm 135#,Was Along Ways From Me. I Had No Choice But To Shoot Before The Next Dog Charged Him Again.

I Carry A Glock 21,That Was Loaded With 230 Gr. +P Cor-Bons, I Could Only Get Body Shots Because The Dogs Were Around His Head, That's Where They Catch'em. I Hit Him 3 Times In The Heart/ Lung Area. It Didn't Really Do Much More Than Knock The Wind Out Of Him.

That Did However Give Me Enough Advantage To Wrestle Him Down And Stick Him With A Knife. Sorry This Is Taking So Long,But Here's The Ending I Skinned It Out & The Bullets Were Fragmented Just Blow His Hide(Fighting Shield). I called Cor-Bon & Asked Them Why This Was ?

They Told Me THat The Bullets Are Designed For Use Against Humans & Were Suppose To Fragment And Immediately Create A Big Wound channel NOT TO PENETRATE, Elliot

5. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    I am talking about the Long Colt +p loads with either a 265 grain or 300 grain bullet. the 265 is a copper bullet designed for penetration, both show 900+ ft/lbs at the muzzle. I know the regular loads for .45 Long are loaded low due to the numbers of older guns on the market. These Hunter loads are supposedly designed for stronger actions like my new model Blackhawk. I just want something reasonable for 75 yards or less on whitetail, without having to buy a new pistol.
    Thanks, GT