Copperhead

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CountryHart, Sep 21, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yesterday i spoke with an ole' coonhuntin buddie and he said he had killed 5 copperheads the past week.No big surprise cause their thick in my neck of the woods. Yesterday evenin another friend stopped by and ask me to ride around and look at the deer and swing by to feed his gal-pals horse and chickens. When we pulled up to the barn there was a pile of slabs (wood) layin there and i thought dang what some habitat:crazy: About that time my buddie said this dang place is infested with copperheads. We fed the horse and turned around going to the truck and there he was, bout 3 feet long. I had apparently walked over it once and almost stepped on it the second time. Fall is in the air and they are on the move. Keep ya eyes open, he'll bite ya.

2. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    There are lots of them in this area too. My husband sees them quite a bit on the farm where he works. They grow a lot of tobacco and the barns where they fire it attract the copperheads. Guess they want to be nice and cozy by the fire. Sure am glad he wears some tough boots to work. Y'all be careful over there.

3. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Killed two last week.

Pretty docile little snakes...you almost have to work at it to get bit by one.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    last fall my employer bout got killed by a very large one ....that bad boy messed him up!He wasnt workin fer all that either believe me(LOL)OUCH!:eek:oooh:

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    By the way good post too!

6. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Them buggers are all over the place here in n. Ark. too.
    They are very active now.
    They may not be aggressive snakes, but they are almost impossible to see and sure don`t like it if you step on em.