coosa river

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by runabout199, Oct 15, 2008.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    went out on the coosa yesterday foe a few hrs . was fishin for about 30 min and my pole i bought for pier fishing pulled 2-3 good times then loaded up. i started realing in and it felt like i had a monster on it. my pole is a 9 ft penn pursuit med - hvy action with a quantum 80 spinning reel . pretty good setup. any way started reeling in and found my other lines were in the way. and the pole with the fish on took me to a snag. i let out some line and put my pole in a holder and reeled the pole in that was in the way. my pole with the fish on started loading up again . i picked it up and reeled and it was free. got it in the boat. so sry i left my camera at home. it was my first official flatty. i weighed it before i released it and it weighed 9 lbs. it was so sweet. shortly after that i caught a blue that weighed 3 lbs. both caught and released. mainly because some one told me about this spot and i told him i would release all fish caught to not ruin the spot. just though id share . wish i had a pic of the flatty. i thought i caught one before but it was just a ugly channel. this one im sure of as the head was very flat and had a wopper for a mouth. it sure pulled hard.:wink:

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice fish, congrats on your first flathead. Glad to see the fishin' has picked up for ya. Good luck next time too.

3. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    awesome, glad you hear your finding the fish. let me know where I should meet you next time you take off....hehe:wink:

4. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G

ok it might be a while money is a little tight right now :sad2:

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Thanks for the report James. The easiest way for me to tell an ugly channel cat from a flattie is the tail. Channel cats will have a forked tail like a blue. Flatheads have a broad mostly flat tail.

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
  7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Way to go JR,, Congrats on you first flatty...:wink:
    puddle...