Coosa River

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Salty1, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    In a previous thread I discussed travelling to Georgia from Ky. for parental visits for my girlfriends children to visit there father and I inquired about where to catfish and was informed of the Coosa River system. My final destination will be Cumming, Ga. and wanted to know where on the Coosa River might be the best area for bank fishing and possibly camping ? If no camping how about cheap hotels and motels ? Any info will be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

2. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I would talk to bumper or puddle jumper about that one, I think thats home turf for them. I have yet to fish it, but its on my list.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There is a campground (tent & RV) on the Coosa at Lock and Dam Park west of Rome, GA (706-234-5001). There is good bank access there, but it is crowded in the spring. There are a couple other places you could bank fish closer to the AL line. The Coosa is probably the best place in N. GA for blues, and there are channels and flats there too. When are you gonna be down here?

4. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Not sure on the exact time as of yet but I figure sometime before it gets too hot. I will be travelling with my girlfriend and have her with me for all activities and she absolutely demands to have facilities:confused2:. Last time we went camping she asked where to go to the bathroom and I told her behind the tree and she looked at me like I was nuts !!!!!!!!!!:smile2:.