Coosa River Records

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by stumpjumper, Nov 6, 2007.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Quick question. Does anyone know an approximate size for the record blue and flathead out of the Coosa? I know that I have heard of at least 30# class flatheads. I have no idea for blues, 30-40#?? I bet there's so jumbo flatheads in there. I never hear of many people fishing specifically for flats there. I mostly hear about the blues being caught.

Also has anyone even seen the level of the Coosa lately? I have not even taken the time. I assume it is still low for the ramps. Thanks

2. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sage, that site is great. Thanks!

4. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
  5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Got what you're looking for Marc. The Coosa River records for catfish are; blue-61 lbs. 4.8 oz., channel-19 lbs. 8 oz., and flathead-34lbs. 8 oz. My dad caught the flathead record on May 31 of this year and I netted it for him (too bad it didn't hit one of my poles). It beat the old flattie record by 6 lbs. I'm sure there are bigger flats in there, but channels and blues outnumber flats on the Coosa.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks. I am impressed with the Blue size! That is great about your Dad too, congrats. I had always wondered, but was unable to find the info.-Thanks

7. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I started a thread about records with some useful info, I hope.