Coosa River catfishing

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Cathooker, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Cheez and me went catfishing on the Coosa today. It was dead dead dead. We fished several holes know to produce a lot of fish....nadda, none , zilch. The water is wayyyyy down, very hot, 87 to 90 degrees at the surface. The river road boat ramp is tought to get in and out of right now beacuse so much of the concrete is exposed....your trailer drops off the end of the ramp before the boat is floating. It is tough on the trailer as I severely bent the right fender on my brand new trailer.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I was down in Ga. 2 weeks ago ,that state really needs rain.:cross::cross::cross::0a22:

3. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    maybee the cheeze smelled a little spoiled (hahaha) hate to hear you had a bad day but it was better than being at work i bet wish i was there:big_smile:i had to work at the shop ........:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::tounge_out::big_smile:

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Cheese I seen your avatar on GON I think good to see ya :big_smile:

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Well it wasn't a bad day. We didn't catch anything noteworthy but I had fun, got to fish some new water that is close to home, had a good time with Alan and made it home safe and dry. The last couple months I have come home from my fishing trips to a 2 to 4 hour fish cleaning job so it was kind of refreshing to just go home and take a nap:smile2:
    That's why we call it fishing and not catching.
    Now that I have had a break, next time out we will load the boat.
    Yes we need rain,lots of rain to bring the water tables back up.
    Terry I signed up on GON but keep forgetting to go over and check it out.

Cheez

6. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    Oh, man almost forgot about that river. have not been up there since 1984-86. Mayo lock and dam, we used to catch fish like they were going outa style there. channel cats, stripers, even a carp or two. Is that where you were?
    If not fishing it would be Krogering.

7. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Dallas we were a few miles down river from the Lock and Dam.

8. allatoonacat

allatoonacat New Member

State:
    Ga.
    It has been forever since I checked in guys, it is good to see some activity on this board, I used to post a bit back on the old brotherhood o cat board, I was thinking of taking the kids up to the lock running a bit down stream and trying a trotline.... probabally too hot......
    Anybody put in at heritage park lately ? Maybe some of that colder Etowah water has some activity going just a thought, I'll post back and let ya know how it goes

9. fatcat2fun

fatcat2fun New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Buddy of mine is catching hybrids up the coosa, not any catfish though.

10. allatoonacat

allatoonacat New Member

State:
    Ga.
    sorry for the delay, had some family business to take care of, we put two trotlines in the river,in between rome and the lock, I put some bagged shad on one and only got 1 blue cat about 4lbs., as the kids and I went down the river we found a nice striper swimming in a circle on the surface, I don't know what was wrong with him(one eye cloudy) but we scooped him up and he was quite lively, I thought about keeping him for the fryer but I realized he was a whole bunch of cut bait and I could catch alot more cats with him we put the other trot near the lock with the cut striper bait and caught 4 fish a total of about 20-25 lbs all very nice blues. I lost a bunch of fish as the stagings were wound around the mainline, I couldn't check them often enough, I put them in on friday mid-afternoon and checked them late saturday afternoon, I feel bad about loosing those fish

11. Roll Tide Roll

Roll Tide Roll New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am looking to head up to Brushy Branch this weekend, maybe I will see some of you folks there?

12. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Let me know how you do out there. A few weeks ago is was down too far. I am sure it has come up some. I want to head out there the following weekend and scout some good holes.

13. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Any news on the water level for Coosa?

14. Roll Tide Roll

State:
    Georgia
    Never made it out there. Got wrapped up in the honey-do list.

Heading to Hartwell about 5 PM tonight. Taking the family camping, got a site on the water and hopefully we can catch dinner for Saturday night.

:big_smile:

15. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    The Coosa has not come up any....lowest and slowest I have ever seen it.

16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Dang man, that sucks. Thanks for the update. I hope it comes up so we have somewhere to fish that is close. Thanks again

17. Roll Tide Roll

State:
    Georgia
    Heading to Heritage park Saturday night, that is if the water level is not too far down. any suggestions?