coosa river blue catfish......

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by runabout199, Sep 30, 2008.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    ok i have a buddy that fishes the coosa a lil and he put me on a spot to catch fish. unfortunatley i think i was in the wrong spot. i googled the coosa and think i found the spot after last nite when we fished. we fished a lil while going down river and when we got to this one spot every time we would cast we would get bites but no fish. i hung a nice one that was pulling like a freight train but he ran into a log jam and hung me up i was trying to pull anchor and he got off.grrrrr.... ne one willing to share some spots to catch fish on coosa??? i release all my fish so i wont ruin your holes i just love to fish. despite all the awfull things i here about river road i am going to launch there next time and scout around. ive been launching at the lock but been 3 times or over 30 hrs searching and fishing and have produced 2 fish totaling about 3 lbs lol. i am heading out to get ready for work talk to yall latter

2. Carplips

Carplips New Member

State:
    Dallas,Georgia
    Try some of these:
    1. Try the discharge area for active fish. Anchor about 20 yards below the huge tree in the water on the opposite side of the plant. Position your boat anywhere from 20 yards from the bank to the middle. If you don't get bit pull up the anchor every 15 minutes until you get to the bridge to locate active fish.
    2. Try up against any log jams along the river that have deep water.
    I have used huge gizzards around these jams and have pulled some big flatheads from there. Be ready to loose some hooks though if you try.
    3. The cliffs at Foster's Bend is good for cats and stripers. The water is 20 to 30' deep up against these cliffs. I have caught some good fish there. Just like the discharge. Start at the upstream of the cliffs and work down.
    4. The mouth at Brushy can be good at times.

By no means am I a expert, but these are the areas I fish that has been good for me. I mainly use live or cut shad. Let the fish tell you what they want. Good Luck!

3. Sultan of Slime

Sultan of Slime New Member

State:
    GA
    james where are you putting in at?
    I know some real good spots.I just want to see if you are close enough to them.

4. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i was putting in at the lock but now im going to river road. im headed there in about 10 min maybe ill catch some maybe not with the full moon and all. i also heard something about county line rd or something like that. i went to river road boat ramp to scout it out and there is alot of structure to fish in that area. hoping to catch a few at the power plat though maybe fish around ramp after dark as i hear the ramp is kinda shady at night . dont want people messin with my truck, but the people i came across seemed nice but you never know.

5. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I heard the etowah river near the allatoona dam has some fish, but I've never been, I dont have a boat.

6. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    it does unfortunatley they have block acess to the dam as of 9-11-01 thanks dnr and everyone else involved.

7. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    I HAVE NT BEEN THIS YEAR BUT YOU COULD GET REAL CLOSE TO THE DAM ON EITHER SIDE OF THE RIVER. ONE SIDE IS THE COOPER FURNACE AREA, FORGOT WHAT THE OTHER SIDE IS CALLED BUT THERE IS A SMALL PARK AND BOAT RAMP.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

This type of detailed info is what makes the BOC such a good site. Thanks for helping out your brother.

9. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    yes i had to find it. didnt fish there much as i seen another spot i wanted to try but is deffinatley in the im gonna fish it spots.

10. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    last time i was there they had baracades out and sighns saying basically stay out. im going to beach my boat one day on lake side and walk to the dam and try to fish, hope i dont get arested for fishing lol.....:big_smile: