Coosa River again

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bumper, Jun 13, 2008.

1. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Marc (Stumpjumper) and I hit the Coosa in NW GA last night and it was another dusk 'til dawn trip. We caught a couple dozen bream for bait and were catfishin' before dark. We ended up catching over 100 lbs. of fish with a total of 12 fish. They were 10 blues, a flathead, and a striper. All the fish were between about 5 and 15 lbs., the biggest were a couple blues about 15. Marc (Stumpjumper) caught the 10 lb. striper, and it was a pb striper for him. There was a big difference in water temps. Above the power plant was low 80's, and below it low 90's. We didn't get a really big fish this time, but it was a good trip with steady action all night. We caught at least 1 fish at every spot we stopped. I didn't take any pics, but Stumpjumper's got a nice pic of his pb striper.

2. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Good to see ya on em Bumper. I just know a big un will jump in your boat soon...:big_smile:

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Here's the picture of my Striper. Yep, I had a really good time on the river and the steady action made it that much better! It was a fun trip and the company was great, minus the skeeters! Sunday may very well be an option.

Attached Files:

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Sounds and looks like a good outing. How far are you fishing on the Coosa from Rome?

Did you turn around and use the striper for catfish bait? I would have LOL!

5. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Sounds like a heck of an outing........thanks for the report.

Richard

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go Marc & David! :big_smile: Sounds like a great night on the water! Congrats Marc on the PB Striper! :cool2:

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James:

We fished between the lock and dam launch and the River rd. boat launch. No, we released the Striper... we had plenty of bream.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice Stripers.

9. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like a fun night with steady catting action. Not even enough downtime to get sleepy.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    WOW striped bass in Georgia? Pure bred too, not hybrid.

The water must not have been that warm because stripers need cooler water.

Do you get many of those down south?