Coosa catfishing 4/4/09

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Partner and I went down to the Coosa this weekend. Shad were very difficult to find but we finnally found enough to make us stay out all night and freeze our butts off:D.
    The evening started off real pretty
    [​IMG]
    But by around midnight we had to find us a little spot we could tie off next to the bank
    [​IMG]
    We kept her going all night long and I got zero sleep worrying about the boat puling loose and washing down the river:D This was our big fish that I would say was in the 30's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roland was stoking the fire when the rod went down pulling drag, I jumped in the boat and grabbed the rod and it was hung like being tied to a tree, I set the rod back in the rod holder, around 1 AM at 4 AM this fish finaly got its self un-hung and the fight was on. Once photos were taken it was turned loose. We had 1 more big fish come un buttoned 20 ft from the boat and ended up catching around 130lbs if fish which Roland kept about 30lbs of. All were blues with 2 channels and a small flathead. Hopefully that log jam will continue to hold fish for the next 2 weeks.

Sorry for the picture quality, they were from my IPhone

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice fish Joe, glad y'all had a good night fishin'. I'll see ya in Rome in a couple weeks.

3. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Sounds good, maybe we can hook up for dinner if ya'll are going to be staying in Rome Friday night