Cooper River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigdevo187, Nov 15, 2008.

1. bigdevo187

bigdevo187 New Member

State:
    sc
    Have a buddy that does a bunch of diving on the Cooper, anyways said he came across some Cats that could of eaten him in the deeper holes around 50 ft. Just wondering if anybody has had any good luck there. He was above Bushy Park a little ways but well below Tailrace.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Devin that is 1 of the best catfishing areas in the state. Heck that is where the old world record Blue cat and still the current state record. Get down there and try them out.:wink:

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    I'm not familiar with this area guys, where'bouts is it?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a real good fishing hole!!

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Devin there are some huge cats in that there river! I have fished it several times and always had fun. It has been a while since i have been, maybe you need to get the "skinny" and let's go put the Sunbird in the water and catch one or two! I love fishing that part of the river, it's really pretty.

6. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I've lost some of my biggest cats below Moultrie!!! I bought a map of the Cooper river back a few years ago. Looks massive. Also went to http://maps.yahoo.com Went to the satellite view and played with the zoom features. Took a good look around that area along with the Santee lakes. Ignored my wife for 2 days "scouting" from my computer. Alot of good looking areas to try. Wish my maps had the holes listed. Guess I would need a more expensive USGS map to find the honey holes.
    I would like to fish this coming early spring down that way. If anyone has fished it, we could take my pontoon and give it a try next year.
    Jonathan

7. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Down around Charleston, Pat.

8. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Any of you guys fish there much? Would love to plan something early spring...

9. bigdevo187

bigdevo187 New Member

State:
    sc
    Jonathon, I would be down for planning something, I don't know If I will have my boat by that time.

10. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,

Always got mine and plenty of room too... 25ft pontoon with a 115 honda.
    Jonathan

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Frog I switched out your 115 Honda and put my 90 rude on there. Thanks for the gift!:wink:

12. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Hey, thems fightin words there Sunbird...lol

13. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Just wait'll I get my 23ft Skiff with a 150 Suzuki. EVERYBODY is gonna want to go fishin' CatJack....:smile2: We'll get there in a hurry anyway.

14. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    I have at least 80 or so dives on the Cooper River and let me tell U they are some nice cats in that black water. Have had several encounters with a few. When U get down about six to 10 feet there is 0 visibility and when U hit the bottom and cut on your lights that is when they come and check the lights out. I have a couple of friends who have fished it for several years and they have caught several real nice cats mostly blues they fish at night I don't really know if day or night makes a difference because the water is so dark. I hope one day I can get back down in that part of the country and try them out myself. Thank GOD I got back to working 5 days a week instead of 7 days and the price of gas has come down for how long I don't know. Maybe I can get back to fishin.
    PEEDEE CAT

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    lad to see you got the work schedule worked out Greg. Hope to see ya on the Pee Dee soon.:wink:

16. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Hey PeeDeeCat were did you go diving there?