Cooper River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Flatheadzz, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does anybody know if any shad has entered the rivers yet? Iam looking for a spot on the cooper river to catch catfish ambushing shad as they come up the river. Since I have not done any good on the lake since the week before Christmass. It seems like since I got some new rod and reels I have been wasting time on the water with very little fish.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You just have to go where the fish are. If you are on the Cooper, you are close enough to Winyah Bay to fish. The peedeecatmasters have an open tourney down at Winyah February 7th. Why don't you come join us? BTW: I don't think the shad have started running yet.

Bill in SC

3. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That sounds good to me where is the tourny located and what is the time limit, is it just a one day event?

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  5. Flatheadzz

Flatheadzz New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well I was on my way to the river around 10am looked at the lake as I went by to go get a biscuit and did it look good with cloudy skies and a nice south wind and as I left the store I headed back to the house and put in at the lake for a little while. We fought rain and a stiff south wind but I located some fish on the bottom side of a slope in about 45 to 55 foot. We caught 6 small blues 2-8lbs. Had some nice take downs we missed some but it was worth it.